Is the Supersnake the fastest Mustang? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
the problem with the FR500 series is they are not street legal

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

After reading these posts and how some of you define "factory" I guess the 2011 GT with the SVT package will be the fastest with its 550 HP and 3.73 rear axle. Since no one has actually tested one yet that remains to be seen but I'm confiden Ford wouldn't put in a new motor if it wasn't stronger than the previous. I for one can't wait to get mine and run it at Z-Max first chance I get.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
The super snake is a post-title car meaning that you have to take ownership of it from Ford with the title in your name and then you can modify it and Ford is off the hook for safety and warranty related issues caused by the post-title modifications. There is a huge difference between pre-title and post-title cars. Yea, you can walk into a Ford dealer and order a Roush, Saleen, SMS, Steeda, Hurst, Iacocca etc., but the car will have a title in your name before the work is done to convert it. I know it doesn't matter much once they're on the street but it does matter to Ford and to buyers.
Looking at this description, does this mean that a Saleen, Steeda, Roush, etc would be insured as a regular GT? Since it is done post-title, the VIN would be a plain GT?

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_manifestation View Post
does this mean that a Saleen, Steeda, Roush, etc would be insured as a regular GT? Since it is done post-title, the VIN would be a plain GT?
I wondered about this when I bought my GT. You can buy a Steeda already built or buy a GT and send it to Steeda to be transformed. Same as Shelby. Does the prebuilt version cost more to insure?
Rookie

currently the fastest mustang is the 2011 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500KR the most powerful Mustang ever. SHELBY MUSTANG GT500KR features the 5.4 32-valve super charge and intercooledV8 engine with Tremec 6-speed manual transmission generating an estimated 540 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque with Ford Racing Parts Upgrade Package featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system. It also has a Unique SVT suspension tuning: springs, dampers and stabilizer bars, short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace, a unique carbon composite hood, front brake cooling ducts, and a Shelby lettering in the front edge of the hood.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinsean View Post
currently the fastest mustang is the 2011 SHELBY MUSTANG GT500KR the most powerful Mustang ever. SHELBY MUSTANG GT500KR features the 5.4 32-valve super charge and intercooledV8 engine with Tremec 6-speed manual transmission generating an estimated 540 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque with Ford Racing Parts Upgrade Package featuring revised calibration and cold air intake system. It also has a Unique SVT suspension tuning: springs, dampers and stabilizer bars, short-throw shifter and front strut tower brace, a unique carbon composite hood, front brake cooling ducts, and a Shelby lettering in the front edge of the hood.
^^ Confused, I think.

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

It is completely subjective. As stated by others, it comes down to your definition of "factory". I say the supersnake, but I can definitely see how someone could see it differently..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page