need help! dealership is trying to not fix the clutch problem in my Mustang GT500 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Hey thanks for responding to my questions. Are you open on Friday and Saturdays? I would like you to check it before I go to the dealer to see if it is a TSB issue or not to save myself some aggravation. When I took it to the dealer last time, I had drag radials on it and they were worn. The gentlemen that first looked at it advised that they may not cover anything, if it was determined that It was damaged racing. Thanks again

2009 G8 GT
Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Site Sponsor
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbroke27 View Post
Hey thanks for responding to my questions. Are you open on Friday and Saturdays? I would like you to check it before I go to the dealer to see if it is a TSB issue or not to save myself some aggravation. When I took it to the dealer last time, I had drag radials on it and they were worn. The gentlemen that first looked at it advised that they may not cover anything, if it was determined that It was damaged racing. Thanks again
Were open Fridays and sometimes Saturdays. Just let us know when your coming because Wes and I are in and out so much so we make sure one of us is there. Chris is always there but it's better if we check it personally. Your welcome. Anytime. If needed to be a Saturday maybe we could meet up at the local meet? I'll PM you our cell phone numbers and you can always call the shop number as well.

Shellee Kallas
Powerhouse Racing and Performance
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbroke27 View Post

That dealer BS always pisses me off. What do they think people buy GT500's and Mustang GT's for. To granny them around? I think not. Give me a break..... Hope everything works out for you.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort

Site Sponsor
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Airman View Post
That dealer BS always pisses me off. What do they think people buy GT500's and Mustang GT's for. To granny them around? I think not. Give me a break..... Hope everything works out for you.
That's too funny and soooo true. The last time I had problems with my clutch when they finally fixed it right the mechanic told me "Don't take it to the track for a good 500 miles" Our SVT friend that came down to over see the work said BS! Take it to the track tonight if you want. He said no need for break in time so that's what I did.

Shellee Kallas
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845
Rookie

I have an appointment with our local dealer to have it looked at tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed, all though I should'nt have to stress this much. Shellee and Wess from PHRP checked my car out on Friday and could not believe how tight the clutch was. I sat in one of their KR's to see what a hydrolic clutch is supposed to feel like. My clutch pedal is down right hard to push in, but I thought that was how it was supposed to feel....(never drove/had a vehicle with a hydrolic clutch to compare)Wess called and made the appointment for me, which was much appreciated, so we'll see what happens tomorrow...

2009 G8 GT
Stock for now
Site Sponsor
S197 Member

Keep us updated and let us know what Jeff says. He'll have to wait for Ford to get back to him I'm sure but hopefully you'll know something fairly quick. That's exactly how mine was when I first got it and I knew something was wrong.

Shellee Kallas
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845
Rookie

Well I went to Tamiami Ford, and I would not recommend them to anybody, in south west florida. I took the car in for a bad transmission in 12/08 and they reluctantly replaced it, but said my clutch was fine so they did not touch it. I put just over 5,000 miles on it since then and been having problems with shifting in to third gear, since getting it back, but thought it was pilot error. It only did it when I got on it hard. I also had times where after driving for a while it would rev up but not move. Needless to say I took it in there to see what the problem was after talking with PHRP. They had it all day on Tuesday and they never touched it. Guy calls and asks me to leave it. I tell him its my only ride home. He tells me He'd call me right back.....Waited 45 minutes for a call back...I get a ride there to see whats going on and they are closed....un f'ing believable. Get the call this morning that the clutch is shot and I am out of factory warranty. I was told that the useless extended warranty doesn't cover clutches....I called everybody and there brother today ie. regional ford, shelby , regional ford again yada yada yada, and was basically told to pound sand. I WILL NEVER BUY A FORD VEHICLE AGAIN AFTER THE WAY I WAS TREATED TODAY.....JUST MY .02...Wess thanks again for trying....

2009 G8 GT
Stock for now
GT Member

What is with these things anyway? If you pay $50K for a car, there shouldn't be clutch issues, etc. until much later in life.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
What is with these things anyway? If you pay $50K for a car, there shouldn't be clutch issues, etc. until much later in life.
Yup. Thats why I am still on the fence about finding a used GT500 for my next ride or just biting it and buying a 5.0....This is a couple years down the road, but still. I would think with that kind of money spent Ford would take care of you, or anyone for that matter.

This is BS....Complete BS.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Site Sponsor
S197 Member

This really makes me sooo mad that they are doing this to you. They tried to do that to me. Told them we take our truck and 2 car hauler and drive through their lot with signs on it about these problems. Of course we would of taken cars out with that big trailer driving around there. lol They decided to straighten up and get it fixed the right way. After that we have had a good relationship with them. I'm really sorry they are doing this to you. If we can help in any other way please let us know.

Shellee Kallas
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845
Rookie

Hey, your not gonna believe it, but Last Thursday I get a call from Nick at Tamiami Ford, I believe he is one of the service managers now. I have always dealt with him in the past and he has always been good to me. He said they got another GT 500 in, and like mine was out of warranty, with the same clutch issues. Well....the dealer was replacing his set up with the 2010 set up, which made him think of me, so he decided to read the T.S.B. and he found that my car is covered under the warranty due to the problems with the old set up as you know. He had to look through a bunch of service forms to find me because he couldn't remember my last name. He was nothing short of great, and took the time to explain everything to me. He even took me out to the service area where the other GT500 was and showed me the new parts that were getting installed. He told me the transmission would also be torn down and checked. I was amazed that he went over and above to find me and get my car in there fast. I was waiting to make sure it got done before I posted, but I saw your post and figured I would update you. Hopefully it will be done soon, and I'll post again....:yelpleased:

2009 G8 GT
Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page