shelby drop can anyone tell me - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

shelby drop can anyone tell me

hello new to this! I was wondering if performing this up-grade if you would get more caster looking at the templates it looks like the holes are slightly offset I'am trying to set-up the front on my car I ruined a set of tires in less then 1k miles have'nt got it to a shop yet to cheap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to AFM.

07 White GT Premium/ Eibach Pro Kit/ 2010 GT500 staggered wheels/NITTO 555R Tires/ GT Headrests/ Straight Pipes with 4inch stainless tips/ 5% tint/ Apline sound system.
*RIP*(Dad, Grandpa, Jared, and many others)
*I've learned from my mistakes, and I'm becoming a better person because of them*
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe390 fstbk View Post
hello new to this! I was wondering if performing this up-grade if you would get more caster looking at the templates it looks like the holes are slightly offset I'am trying to set-up the front on my car I ruined a set of tires in less then 1k miles have'nt got it to a shop yet to cheap
Hey there, and welcome. Not sure exactly what upgrade you're wondering about... There are a couple of ways to "drop" the car, and several spring sets available. Typically, when using lowering springs, your camber will change, not the caster. You'll want to compensate for that, depending on how low you go. To compensate you can use either "camber plates", or cam bolt(s). The plates are the better way to go, if you plan on making occasional adjustments. Since you didn't explain why you want to drop the car (looks, handling, etc.), it's tough to make any recommendations...
Do a search here on the forums, and you should have more info than you could ask for..

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

MM has a set of CC plates.. they are really nice...

2005+ Mustang Caster Camber Plates [Mm5CC-1] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

Osiris - '07 Shelby GT500 - Black
under construction
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010
Apprentice
5.0L Member

You referring to the Shelby drop on the late 60's mustangs upper control arms?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page