Childish ranting - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member

I also agree. I learned to appreciate all Muscle cars when I was in my 20's. A couple friends gave me rides in their Javelin and AMX. All I can say was "wow". Those were great cars.
I appreciate them all. My brother and I used to work at Ford, I bought a 78 Mustang at the time and he bought a Camaro.
Sorry, but I liked the Camaro better.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Back then, it was easy to like the Camaro better. The Trans Ams and Z28s were the Ch*t back then. I guess there will be no more Trans Ams ever, now that Pontiac is being cut.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
Back then, it was easy to like the Camaro better. The Trans Ams and Z28s were the Ch*t back then. I guess there will be no more Trans Ams ever, now that Pontiac is being cut.
well you can just get the trans am kit for the camero i guess lol

07 shelby gt500 537rwhp 520 torque whipple 160mm throttle body, vmp 1.6 supercharge pulley, JLT intake, sct livewire tuner, brenspeed dyno tuned, sequentials tail lights, window tints, low jack, 2010 shelby black/white stripe seats.
02 gt convertable RIP.. to many mods to list...

PONY Member

I agree, but it's not just Mustang owners. In fact, there are MANY people who look down on Mustangs. There are people who think it sucks if it isn't foreign. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard, "The Mustang can't touch an M3". Maybe a dollar for everytime I've read or heard about the stang not having IRS. I for one, don't won't an IRS stang and think it was a mistake to put in the Camaro. Maybe as an option. Last year I took a friend on mine to the Grand AM race in Ohio, he was under the impression the Mustangs coudn't hang with M3s and porshe 997s on a track. He was also shocked to find out that the 350/370 Zs don't compete well. Well, wake up folks, the stang is the best deal on the market for the money. I'm not a Ford guy, I've owned other American makes, including a 1970 1/2 Z28 (should have never sold it). I would have bought a new Camaro, but the interior turned me off. As for foreign cars, I refuse because of the trade deficet and our 13 trillion dollar debt. I'll never understand why people with children keep picking up items off the shelves that read 'Made in China' and buy foreign cars. Like my sister asked her BMW driving ex-boyfriend, "Is that you 70,000 dollar p3nis"? Not everyone who drives a Mustang can't afford an M3 and not everyone who has an M3 can afford it. I've spent many day driving in Germany, dating back to when it was West Germany. They build incredible cars, but they are WAY overpriced.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
GT Member

I agree Rowdy. The Mustang is the best bang for the buck hands down. I don't like IRS either. Don't need it. Nothing is wrong with the handling of my GT. Like I've said before, let's see a Camaro SS in 5 years that has been driven and see how bad the IRS is toed out and hanging. I've seen this in other cars.

I was looking at a guy in a BMW the other day. For the price he paid for his Beemer, I bought a new GT, new F-150 and a daily driver and likely have some leftover. I'm certainly not jealous.
Seahorse

Unfortunately, narrow-mindedness is not limited to any one make. You check out any of the major automotive forums, whatever the stripe, and you're going to see the type of juvenile posts you mentioned. Myself, I like "performance" cars of all kinds, and have owned a few diffferent ones over the years. I have my preferences of course, and I'm driving it now , but I can certainly appreciate other fine cars no matter the badge on the rear. My last car was an AMG SLK55, and I had the good fortune to attend an AMG driving school a couple years back; that was a real eye opener believe me. True car nuts are car nuts first and foremost, they don't care what you drive, as long as you have fun doing it and respect others doing the same.
GT Member

I find myself defending the new Camaro alot of times. I hate when people quote the worst times it runs and not the best. Then say something like an 05 GT with CAI and gears will hang with it since some dude in an SS ran a 13.4 that they saw. And if someone thinks Vettes suck they are silly. A GT500 will have its hands full with the 400hp 05 Vettes let alone the Z06s and newer ones. GT500 owners rip into me if you must. But Mustangs will always be my favorite.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Reading these posts reminds me of something a wise old man once told me (referring to women); "they're all good; some just better"... I could say the same about the current crop of American muscle cars.
They're all bound to be fun, and I wouldn't kick any of 'em out of my garage.

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
I find myself defending the new Camaro alot of times. I hate when people quote the worst times it runs and not the best. Then say something like an 05 GT with CAI and gears will hang with it since some dude in an SS ran a 13.4 that they saw. And if someone thinks Vettes suck they are silly. A GT500 will have its hands full with the 400hp 05 Vettes let alone the Z06s and newer ones. GT500 owners rip into me if you must. But Mustangs will always be my favorite.
bring em on duuuuuuuuuuuu:hihi:
Rookie

I like a lot of cars, but mustangs are my fav. I know what you mean by people being dumb bashing every other car, but if i had to pick a side i would defend a STANG over anything.

2008 GT500: Superchip, Sportline lowering springs,
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
I love my GT500. You make it seem like its all about racing,(stupid) some people love their car for the whole package not just to say OMG IM FAST OMG.. Dude grow up, i got mine for the whole package not to say im the fastest. If it was all about speed everyone would drive a bike.

2008 GT500: Superchip, Sportline lowering springs,
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismael1791 View Post
I love my GT500. You make it seem like its all about racing,(stupid) some people love their car for the whole package not just to say OMG IM FAST OMG.. Dude grow up, i got mine for the whole package not to say im the fastest. If it was all about speed everyone would drive a bike.
Neither my Bullitt, nor my KR have seen a drag strip, and they're not likely to, while I have 'em. I'll leave that for their next owner, when I'm to old to drive 'em. While mine will see the odd stoplight Gran Prix, and occasional blast past someone else's toy on the highway, I purchased my S197 Mustangs to use as GT cars, as Ford intended...
They make great highway cars, and I plan on doing a bit of touring the USA over the next few years. Why not choose a sporty American-made GT car in which to do it..?

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismael1791 View Post

Yeah its pretty stupid of me to make it seem like racing. Noone on this site does that! LOL

GT Tech Section:
shabus supercharger first track run!
2005 V6 Section:
05-10 4.0 v6 vs 2011 3.7 V6

I could keep linking but dont feel like it.
Yeah Motor Trend, Road And Track, Car and Driver and Edmunds only list performance data because I guess they are adding useless info to their magazines that noone cares about.
You grow up and dont get so defensive when someone says something (that is true) that hurts your ego.

Im sure you love your car and you should its an awesome car. But your logic here on this site of all places is puzzling to me.
Yeah noone cares about racing and performance numbers! LOL
Its immature of me to do so LOL!

The guy who said bring em on has the right attitude.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
PONY Member

dudes, you guys sux and ur gay liek chevy. mustang 4 LYFE. ONLY V8Z WITH STIX

2012 5.0 GT M6 Grabber Blue
300A, 3.73s, Brembo Brake package, Lethal O/R X-pipe, Mac axle back, JLT CAI, Lund cammed tune/Bama race tune, J&M LCAs, FRPP K springs, Tokico HP struts, MGW shifter, 305/18 NT555Rs

2012 Accord SE - DD
Lost loves: '97 Acura CL, '08 Mustang V6, '05 Pontiac GTO, 2011 Civic
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleshmcfilth123 View Post
dudes, you guys sux and ur gay liek chevy. mustang 4 LYFE. ONLY V8Z WITH STIX
You V6 kids are too funny...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page