My plan on a GT500. - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to BK2BLKGT Send a message via Yahoo to BK2BLKGT
My plan on a GT500.

So im planning on buying a 2011 GT500 in OCT this year but im getting kinda skeptical that ill miss out bc of them being sold out since they have a lim production. Does anyone here think they will be all gone through in oct this year?

Im waiting to save up a big enough down payment but i might do it before OCT if i get anxious lol..

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010
GT Member

It is hard to tell. There are still several new 2010s out there for sale now. I don't think you can order one, but they are out there. I'm guessing the 2011 will be the same situation. However, if you are ordering, check with a dealer as you may have to wait for it for several months anyway.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010
Site Sponsor
S197 Member

I doubt they will be sold out with the economy the way it is. Check with your dealer especially if you want to order one like SJPONY said.

Heck the KR's for 08 still are not all sold so I think you probably have a good chance of being able to get one. It's hard to tell though and I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Shellee Kallas
Powerhouse Racing and Performance
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I would try an get a 2010 cause they are much cheaper now that the surge is over. Unless you have to have that new engine block..

2006 Saleen SC281 is Home of the S197 "L" Swap
2010 GT500 is sittin low and pretty quick
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

ok

Thanks for the answers, Ive never owned a GT500 before, in fact the mustang i have is the first ive ever owned for a ford lol. I like the 2010, i just have my mind set on the 2011 because of the block, and i really want to have one thats brand spanking new from the factory. I talked to the dealership today and was told about an amount i could pay now to reserve a ticket on one for sep or oct time frame, im still waiting on a call back from the dealer on how much is needed to put down for this.

I think its pretty awesome someone could reserver a build on one for some money down.

Barton w/Bracket-Koni Sports w/Steeda Sport springs - Steeda HD mounts - BMR adj PH bar-Whiteline adj LCA's w/brackets - Whiteline front/rear adj sway bars - DSS Carbon driveshaft - Whipple 2.9L w/ JLT Super Big air - JBA Ceramic long tubes w/ O/R x pipe-Magnaflow Competition Catback - RTR's with Conti Extreme Contact DW's 275/40 19 front & Nitto 305 rear - Lund Tuned
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownNBagged View Post
I would try an get a 2010 cause they are much cheaper now that the surge is over. Unless you have to have that new engine block..
...And only time will tell, if the new block really is the better one to have. I'm all for the loss of front end weight, but still up in the air about the spray-bore tech... I know that the heavy old iron engine will take a little over-bore, as should an iron sleeved aluminum block. I would rather have seen Ford go that route, but who knows..? The new block may prove indestructible.

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

oh

Yah i just got off the phone and it turns out i can put 500-1000 down for a reserve on an order for a GT500, sounds too good to be true.

Quote:
...And only time will tell, if the new block really is the better one to have. I'm all for the loss of front end weight, but still up in the air about the spray-bore tech... I know that the heavy old iron engine will take a little over-bore, as should an iron sleeved aluminum block. I would rather have seen Ford go that route, but who knows..? The new block may prove indestructible.
Your talking about the plasma technology thing that is newly patented? I had some of those same thought on the aluminum block..im sure a lot of testing went into it and i also heard that it could withstand up to about 700 before mods done to the engine?

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010
GT Member

Sept./Oct. is what I was thinking for an order. I say go for it!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010
Site Sponsor
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2BLKGT View Post
Thanks for the answers, Ive never owned a GT500 before, in fact the mustang i have is the first ive ever owned for a ford lol. I like the 2010, i just have my mind set on the 2011 because of the block, and i really want to have one thats brand spanking new from the factory. I talked to the dealership today and was told about an amount i could pay now to reserve a ticket on one for sep or oct time frame, im still waiting on a call back from the dealer on how much is needed to put down for this.

I think its pretty awesome someone could reserver a build on one for some money down.
If I remember right it's not too bad at all for what they want down to reserve your build. Keep us posted and good luck! I hope you get one!

Shellee Kallas
Powerhouse Racing and Performance
6332 Lee Ann Lane
Naples, Florida
United States, 34109
(239) 596-1845
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info, ill be headed to the dealership this sat to put the money down for the reserve. Ugh i cant wait:laughlitt

Rookie

Just my $0.02 but I wouldn't put $ down now for an order in Sept/Oct. Too many things can happen between now and then, both in and out of your control. If you have to back out for any reason, good luck in getting your money back. Unless Ford really limits production there should be plenty around, brand spanking new. Putting money down for a five to six month wait also limits your negotiating power, you are tied to that dealership.
GT Member

Good point HP. This is twofold though. It is much easier to negotiate when you fully intend to buy and will buy at the right price the day you arrive at the dealership. However, they tend to try to pressure you in as well. This doesn't bother me with an average every day use vehicle. But, shopping for a GT500, I want a little more respect than that. Sales persons should know that someone about to plop down $50K on a car that won't likely be a daily use item wants to shop around and make sure they are getting the right car and the right price. Sometimes they overlook this. Ordering gives everyone time to think.
Rookie

A couple of other points .. He needs to make sure that the dealer actually does have an allocation for an order. How will he get assured of that with an order 5/6 mths down the road. The dealer may have already got all the 500's that he is entitled to. If he puts down a grand and the dealer doesn't have an allocation left they will try to put him in a GT or they will find a GT500 from another dealer to bring in, probably not at a good price. The better way to go is find a dealer with an allocation and place an order aboutr 12 weeks before he is ready to buy. I put 2,500 down on an '11 the first week in march.. My car isn't scheduled to arrive for another two weeks and that could be in doubt as well.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

hmm

Thanks for the replies, that does make sense. Ive pretty much come to the conclusion that im going to order one instead one reserving a build.

Another thing, i went to a dealership here in VA (Kimnach Ford) just to get an apraisal on the stang. Im in no way good at bargaining with the dealers first off. 3 salesmen told me my stang was clean as hell compared to the other cars they have seen. I called them before i came in to see if they offered more for aftermarket crap and i was told ya sure.

So after an on the spot lookover and explanation of all the mods with mileage of 21k, the quote was 21k... The Kelly blue book value for my model and year (08) is 24k in excellent condition. Now i wouldn't say mine is in perfect condition but i would say i fall under that figure and my car is clean all around with no dings or accidents. Thats just base price, nothing added to it.

I have around 5k in mods and im not sure how much i should be asking but im not taking 21k..If anything 24 is bare minimum of what i would accept. I plan on going to a couple other dealerships to get diff prices, the only thing with me though is that i always end up telling the dealer how much i owe after they ask and i know i shouldn't be lol..

I owe 24 on mine right now and i dont feel comfortable carrying over anything to a new GT500.

anyone have any thoughts on what i should be asking for this or advice? with my mods.

thankbelow.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

uhh

Hmm i might have been wrong on the kelly blue book value, a little more looking and the 24k value is Suggested Retail Value ie

"This value assumes the vehicle has received the cosmetic and/or mechanical reconditioning needed to qualify it as "Excellent". This is not a transaction value; it is representative of a dealer's asking price and the starting point for negotiation."

but looking at the Trade inn value link turns up as an excellent value of 18k, so the dealer is offering 21k..hmm still seems kinda low.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page