Shelby Done Making Cars!? :( - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Unhappy Shelby Done Making Cars!? :(

I came accross this today : Report: Carroll Shelby done with building cars, wants to sell more parts — Autoblog

Joey Payne III, 22 years young.
2003 Cobra: Steggy Stage V S/C(plenum/TB), 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, SRI, 60lb inj, TR6 Plugs, SCT2400 Maf, 2 Focus RS Pumps, LF Heat Excg, Steeda tri ax, MM Coilovers, Billet Flow IRS Brace, Subframe Conn, Magnaflow Catted X/CBE, Fiore Clutch Quadrant/Adjuster, NT555R Radials 515rwhp/520rwtq Tuned by Kevin Hand at Wicked Motorsports
2010 Mazdaspeed3: GTX3076R Turbo, 38MM EWG, Meth injection 400ish whp-stocked out to sell
2002 Electron Blue C5 z06: Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I hope this isnt true...that means no more gt350, supersnake, kr etc

2003 Cobra: Steggy Stage V S/C(plenum/TB), 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, SRI, 60lb inj, TR6 Plugs, SCT2400 Maf, 2 Focus RS Pumps, LF Heat Excg, Steeda tri ax, MM Coilovers, Billet Flow IRS Brace, Subframe Conn, Magnaflow Catted X/CBE, Fiore Clutch Quadrant/Adjuster, NT555R Radials 515rwhp/520rwtq Tuned by Kevin Hand at Wicked Motorsports
2010 Mazdaspeed3: GTX3076R Turbo, 38MM EWG, Meth injection 400ish whp-stocked out to sell
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Banned

That GT350 isn't that bad looking, growing on me a bit, wonder what it's putting out for HP...
If production stops with shelby's, rest to sure it will resume,it even says he has a few more tricks up his sleeve..He might just wanna chill for a bit and put his focus to his growing parts buisness,but rest to sure there will be more SHELBY's unless he passes GOD FORBID.......

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Banned

and if not....well mine will hold a even better value...:smilie
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Rookie
2.3L Member

Thats not good ... atleast hopefully they'll still run their post title program.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I agree he will probably chill out and grow the parts business more first. At least the GT500 will probably still be made because its realistically ford's car.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
PONY Member

Thats a bummer, because his cars are really cool .... but his parts are way way too expensive. I also think that if he stops producing cars, his parts will go way down in demand.

Last edited by stang06girl; 06-06-2010 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typo
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang06girl View Post
Thats a bummer, because his cars are really cool .... but his parts are way way too expensive. I also think that if he stops producing cars, his parts will go way down in demand.
Very good point..
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang06girl View Post
sadly i seriously doubt that if anything the will go up probably...

07 shelby gt500 537rwhp 520 torque whipple 160mm throttle body, vmp 1.6 supercharge pulley, JLT intake, sct livewire tuner, brenspeed dyno tuned, sequentials tail lights, window tints, low jack, 2010 shelby black/white stripe seats.
02 gt convertable RIP.. to many mods to list...
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobras55 View Post
That GT350 isn't that bad looking, growing on me a bit, wonder what it's putting out for HP...
2011 GT350 is currently rated at over 500hp out of its supercharged 5.0L 32v V8.

"I want to build fewer cars and sell more parts. It's hard to make any money on a car. But our parts business is growing 15 to 20 percent a year. We are downsizing and going for the parts business... Simplify the business – that's what I'm saying. And that's what I'm doing in Las Vegas." -Carrol Shelby

Fewer car does not mean no cars. This is evident by the choice to make less 2010 and 2011 GT500's then their 07-09 siblings of years past. I was at Shelby's factory in Las Vegas and trust me they are very committed to building excellent and legendary cars and trucks. I lost count of how many SuperSnake projects were underway, alone not to mention their other performance offerings. Perhaps its better if they choose quality or quantity... besides thats what created the legend in the first place.

2000 MUSTANG GT
-300hp & 365ftlb Est // Dynoed at 253rwhp 309ftlb
-T45RSS Built by John Reggio // Baer 13in. Track Claw // Koni Shocks and Struts// Eibach Sportlines // Ford Racing Upper & Maximum Motorsport Lower Control Arms // Ford Racing '95 Cobra Rs // Toyos // Ram HDX Clutch // Ford Racing 4.10s // CAI & BBK 75mm TB // BBK Catted X-pipe // Hooker Aero Chambers // Custom Tuned using SCT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page