Answer to... "Even the Fast Mustangs are slow" - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Answer to... "Even the Fast Mustangs are slow"

Ford : Mustang: eBay Motors (item 110548792814 end time Jun-28-10 13:00:00 PDT)

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Pretty nice clone, and the engine bay is a clean slate, just begging to be modded

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I never understood the appeal of a clone. Sure maybe if you were cloning a new car to look like a vintage car, but why get a GT and clone it to look like a GT500? It has wannabe written all over it. Why not put your money into custom details and make it look really sharp but not make it look like something it's not...

Power in Numbers: None of us are as dumb as all of us

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

With the amount he spent on body stuff he could have dropped in the 5.4 and actually been fast.. Either way, it's gives gt500s a bad name when someone pulls up next to him at a stoplight.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrglenni View Post
I never understood the appeal of a clone. Sure maybe if you were cloning a new car to look like a vintage car, but why get a GT and clone it to look like a GT500? It has wannabe written all over it. Why not put your money into custom details and make it look really sharp but not make it look like something it's not...

I agree, I liked the GT500 front end so I changed my car to that, but I sure left off all the Shelby stickers and cobra emblems. No stripes either.

Texas Direct Auto is where I bought my car. They were at least 2k lower in price than anywhere else I was able to price a comparable car. They were easy to work with and even with the extra expense of picking up the car in Houston and driving it home to PA I still saved a significant amount of cash, which I put into mods. I will purchase another car or truck from them when the time comes. GA

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member

I like that car and I don't have a problem with the clone if thats what you want to do, I would have personally done it all except the Shelby name. I just wonder why you would go through all that for a clone and then not put a supercharger on it?

D.O.B Manifold, GT500 Fuel System, GT500 SC, Bassani Exhaust

SOS Dual Pillar Pod, Aeroforce & Roush Gauges
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I guess you have to decide whether you want to look good or go fast. I would of least put the Brembos on. I think those wheels look funky with the stock brakes.

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page