Road Trip. Need help. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Road Trip. Need help.

Hey Guys,

My wife and I are planning a trip north from Florida. We've got to get out of this heat! We're leaving thursday morning and spending the first night in Charleston SC and then on to visit friends in D.C. for a couple of nights After that we plan to head up to Boston for a day. Then we plan to just cruise around the New England area but are unfamiliar with where to go and what would be interesting to see there. We're looking for suggestions as to where to go.

Any suggestions appreciated. Mountains for sure. Car shows, interesting historic sites, great drives?

ricosan:kooky:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
PONY Member

Can't help with the sites of your destination but would like to say this. Just point the Shelby down the road and see where it takes you? Cruising in it is so much fun ya won't care where ya end up! We had a 4800 Km trip this past July through the rockies and can't wait to do it again! Safe driving and enjoy your cruise where ever ya go!

2010 Shelby GT500. Kona Blue.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Yea Pony that's kinda what we had in mind but I was hoping that someone knew some interesting out of the way destinations that would be neat places to visit.

Ford Guy

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosan View Post
Yea Pony that's kinda what we had in mind but I was hoping that someone knew some interesting out of the way destinations that would be neat places to visit.

Ford Guy
Take your time and watch the sign's for thing's that strike your liking? Turn in! Stay off the tourist path's. Smile and say Hello!
Happy Cruising Exploring

2010 Shelby GT500. Kona Blue.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010
GT Member

Garage
It sounds like you will be not too far from Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. It's slow (35 mph pretty much the entire way) but very scenic. When I get my Mustang (sometime next year), that's the first place on my list to go driving.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium Convertible, clutch delete, comfort/electronics/security packages, remote start, rearview camera, Shaker Pro

Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Forget the East coast. Come on out to the Northern California coast. Hwy 1 is a blast to drive ! Just don't turn left when you should be turning right. It's a long bumpy ride down to the Pacific !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1172.JPG
Views:	1091
Size:	896.9 KB
ID:	112890  

2008 GT 4.10 gears; 5sp. Hurst Competition Plus; SCT X3 w/ Brenspeed 91 race tune; Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Cams; JLT cai; Steeda UDP; Steeda Sport springs, bump steer kit, & X-5 ball joints; GT500 struts, shocks, front sway bar, & upper strut mounts; Progress rear sway bar; Bridgestone Potenza RE 760 tires.

317 RWHP / 316 RWT
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Well I'm back. Went from Fla through MA,VT,CT & NH. Put 3500 miles on car without a hickup. Great trip! High point - driving to the top of Mt Washington at over 6200 ft elev.

Averaged about 21.5 MPG at 75-80 mph on the interstate. Got thumbs up from drivers comming along side on the interstate. People would come up on the street to admire it. Got a thumbs up from a coed on the University of Vermont campus! (not bad for an old guy!)

She's resting in the driveway under the car cover now. I'm trying to give her a rest while I drive the truck for a few days.

I'm lovin this car.

ricosan:kooky:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page