Voiding the warranty on an 2011 Mustang GT 500 at MD Speed Shop - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

In a straight line the GT 500 with our mods would slaughter a stock ZO6. The ZO6 would make approximately 430 RWHP figured off the 505 flywheel number and our GT 500 made 684 RWHP which is more than enough to overcome the weight difference.

Chris
High Performance Sales Associate

Easystreet
(513-831-7550)
701 Chamber Dr
Milford, OH 45150 USA

Chassis Work, Custom Fab, Installs, Dyno Tuning, Parts Sales, Engine Work and More!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I thought that if you put on the Ford Racing Supercharger that you got some warrenty on it.. so does that void the entire power train warrenty?

Apprentice

Sad thing is all these parts were installed and the POS 6060 transmission will still grind at high RPM when shifting from 1-2.

2003 Mach 1 Zinc Yellow 5-speed
2011 GT500 Convertible Sterling Gray, SVTPP, NAV
2011 GT/CS Performance White, Auto, Glass Roof, NAV
2012 Boss 302 Yellow Blaze

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPfisterer View Post
I thought that if you put on the Ford Racing Supercharger that you got some warrenty on it.. so does that void the entire power train warrenty?
Hi HPfisterer,

Most of the Ford Racing Superchargers do come with their own warranty. Here is the link for it: http://www.fordracingparts.com/warra...RANTY_2011.pdf Also, aftermarket parts will not void your Powertrain warranty. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info.

Deysha
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Fastredponycar
That thing looks sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It sounds really good! It has the stock axle-back mufflers on it and they sound great. Typically when someone leaves the stock axle-backs on a Mustang you can hardly hear the car, but you can definitely hear this one.

PM me if possible if the customer decides they want to swap those out. I'm trying to find a take off pair of stock 2011 mufflers for my 2012 Gt I've got being built and have immediate payment ready.

2012 GT Premuim - Candy Metallic Red, MT82, Comfort package, Reverse Camera, Brembos and 3.73's.

Mods: JLT oil separator, Koni Sports, Steeda sport springs/HD strut mounts, GT500 Axleback, Air Raid CAI

373 RWHP / 356 TQ - Stock on 87 octane
Rookie

Very nice!!

I am looking for used 2011 in that exact color.......

Do these modifications have any impact on the cars street manner?

Can the "my key" feature still be used?

Scott

Looking for used
2011 GT500 SVTPP/EP
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastredponycar View Post
That thing looks sick!

PM me if possible if the customer decides they want to swap those out. I'm trying to find a take off pair of stock 2011 mufflers for my 2012 Gt I've got being built and have immediate payment ready.

I don't think he has any plans to change them as of now. If he changes his mind I'll let you know.

Chris

Easystreet
(513-831-7550)
701 Chamber Dr
Milford, OH 45150 USA

Chassis Work, Custom Fab, Installs, Dyno Tuning, Parts Sales, Engine Work and More!
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steemin View Post
Very nice!!

I am looking for used 2011 in that exact color.......

Do these modifications have any impact on the cars street manner?

Can the "my key" feature still be used?

Scott
Yeah it is an awesome car for sure!

The car drives like stock until you stab the loud pedal and then the beast awakes.

We haven't tried the "my key" feature, but I don't see how the mods would affect it.

Chris

Easystreet
(513-831-7550)
701 Chamber Dr
Milford, OH 45150 USA

Rookie

Quote:
Yeah it is an awesome car for sure!

The car drives like stock until you stab the loud pedal and then the beast awakes.

We haven't tried the "my key" feature, but I don't see how the mods would affect it.

Thanks!
Bump for a great car..

Scott

Looking for used
2011 GT500 SVTPP/EP
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Hear View Post
Ah, this is the one. That is one good looking GT500. No one will suspect the dark grey with no stripes.
That car looks familiar! I have the black matte stripes though. I was just gonna do a pulley and tune on mine :-) Although I did find a used TVS 2.3L for $2200...decisions.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corepuncher View Post
That car looks familiar! I have the black matte stripes though. I was just gonna do a pulley and tune on mine :-) Although I did find a used TVS 2.3L for $2200...decisions.
Go for the TVS!

Chris

Easystreet
(513-831-7550)
701 Chamber Dr
Milford, OH 45150 USA

Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Go for the TVS!
The guy wants 2300 and I offered him 2100 cash. I'm not budging since I am on the fence whether to spend that much anyhow. I"ll let fate decide. If he won't accept it, I"ll just do pulley kit and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page