Borla Stingers installed on my 2010 GT500 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Thumbs up Borla Stingers installed on my 2010 GT500

The brown van came this afternoon and within minutes I was down in the parking garage installing my Borla Stingers (#11777) from American Muscle. Pretty easy install. It took me about an hour including jacking up the car. The toughest part was getting at some of the support bracket bolts with the huge stock mufflers in the way. A 13mm ratcheting wrench made things much easier. Bolting up the new Borlas was a breeze. My right muffler is off center about a 1/4 inch so I need to crawl under and tweak it a little. They do not stick out as far as the stock muffler, maybe 3/8 inch shorter. As for the sound.....they are exactly what I was looking for. A little louder than stock at normal cruise speed with a really nice sound when you blip the throttle from idle. I did not notice any drone in the 1800-2000 rpm range as some people have noted. Mine had a manufacture date of Nov 2010. They sound great, more growl and deeper sounding off idle. Under full throttle they have a similar tone to stock ...but slightly deeper and louder, same with deceleration. Plus they look great. I'm very pleased!!! When I picked my wife up at work she said "That's what a muscle car should sound like!!".

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
Grabber Blue w/white stripes, HID's, FRPP Suspension, Borla Stingers.
2014 GT Convertible
5.0, Auto, Prem, Gotta Have It Green, Cloth top, 20"Bullits, Magnaflow Street axlebacks
SOLD-(July 2 2009)2006 Mustang GT,FRPP/Whipple HO Supercharger, Satin Silver, 5spd manual, 3.55's and much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Here's some better pics.

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
2014 GT Convertible
5.0, Auto, Prem, Gotta Have It Green, Cloth top, 20"Bullits, Magnaflow Street axlebacks
SOLD-(July 2 2009)2006 Mustang GT,FRPP/Whipple HO Supercharger, Satin Silver, 5spd manual, 3.55's and much more.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011
PONY Member

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Jaysizzle Send a message via Yahoo to Jaysizzle
Very nice! I love the sound of this exhaust. I have this system installed on my Cobra.

2011 Ford Mustang Gt

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra

1995 Ford Mustang v8 Project Car

2007 Mazda 3

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011
Apprentice

Judging by the garage picture, either you did this at work in the parking garage or you have one huge garage at your house. Anyways congrats, my exhaust will be here today sometime and ill push one of the techs off his lift and borrow it for a few minutes.

08 GT/CS 4.6L
PERFORMANCE WHITE
HOOD SCOOP, GROUND EFFECTS KIT, FENDER VENTS
SEQUENTIAL TAILLIGHTS
SSS ADRENALINE AXLEBACKS
GT500 BLACK MACHINED WHEELS, SUMITOMO TIRES
BLACK GT STRUT TOWER BRACE
"STEP OFF THE BRAKE, PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE GAS, ALWAYS READY TO WHOOP SOME ASS"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011
Apprentice

Yeah dude, I love my stingers too...what makes em sound even better? NO CATS! Beautiful sound. Still as u described pretty unassuming till u hit the pedal on the right! Enjoy!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FERRET View Post
Judging by the garage picture, either you did this at work in the parking garage or you have one huge garage at your house. Anyways congrats, my exhaust will be here today sometime and ill push one of the techs off his lift and borrow it for a few minutes.
I live in condo a few blocks from downtown Vancouver BC and did the mufflers on my back in the parking garage. My tools are in a secure storage locker on a different level. So I have to wheel down my floor jack and tools that I require everytime I do a project. I just keep my jack stands and moving blanket(for lying on)in my trunk.
Property costs in this city are outrageous. A run down pile of crap, fixer upper house close to here will run $650,000+ and something half decent will run in excess of $1,000,000. An apartment in a crack house will cost you more than a really nice house in parts of Texas. Housing costs here are among the highest in North America and they predict gas could hit over $6 a gallon by summer. I love this city....but damn it's expensive to live here.

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
2014 GT Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page