First miles break up - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

First miles break up

I juste received my brand new GT500 convertible last week. Since then, I drove about 250 km last week-end. I'm wondering if the car is electonically limited for the first miles ? If yes, what's the breaing up procedure ?

Actually here are my current driving impressions.

I test drove a regular 5.0, and I feel my GT500 is accelerating about just the same, up to 4000 RPM. After that, it seems to be accelerating much more than the 5.0.

If I drive slowly in 1st gear, let say 2-3 MPH, and I push the accelerator pedal down to the floor, I dont feel I can burn the tires, I actually feel that the traction of the 285's tires at the back is very good, on dry pavement at least. Is it normal ? With 510 lbs/ft of torque, I taught I could easily burn the rear tires anytime, or almost....

So far I feel like the GT500 acceleration is more brutal above 4000 RPM....or it's blocked ?

2009 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Confortline 6 speed (wife)
2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI Highline 6 speed
2011 Audi S4 premium Bang & Nav 6 speed
2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 convertible 6 speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

From what I understand, boost was limited when cars have under 50 miles on them. After the initial 50, you should have full boost available. ALSO, you'll find that the traction control does a pretty good job, preventing you from constantly frying the tires... Try turning it off - you'll likely find that first and second gear are nearly useless, and you'll still spin in third. Be sure you have a nice, open area to test with the TC turned off...

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Wow, thanks for the answer. In fact so far, I disengaged the Traction control by pusihng once on the button. From what i heard, it's possible to disengaged it completely, by pushing the break pedal, and make 2 clicks on the traction control button.

Is that the correct procedure ?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaman View Post
Wow, thanks for the answer. In fact so far, I disengaged the Traction control by pusihng once on the button. From what i heard, it's possible to disengaged it completely, by pushing the break pedal, and make 2 clicks on the traction control button.

Is that the correct procedure ?
My car is an '09, so I don't have that option. I was looking at the Shelby forums, and found this topic:

Advance Trac disable - Team Shelby

'08 Bullitt -Highland Green
'09 GT-500KR -Black/Black

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks oldlugs for the link to the shelby's forum. I did not know about this forum.

After readings the thread, I test the button and it works great that way:

-1 quick clic disable the traction control

-while pushing the break pedal, 2 quick clics setup the "sportrack" mode in "ON"

-while pushing the break pedal, 1 long clic (about 6 seconds) disable everything, both the traction and stability control.

It's bad it's still raining because I'll have to wait better sunny weather to test drive these functions carefully....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page