finally test drove a gt500 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

finally test drove a gt500

i can now say I finally drove one! I test drove 3 cars today, a 2012 5.0, 2005 c6 corvette and a 2007 gt500. the power this thing outputs is awesome! the acceleration i was getting with a 3.55 axle ratio was awesome. now the tires on this thing weren't good at all. they needed replacing. but i was in 2nd gear at 20 mph and i lay the hammer down and i get sideways and just spin. put a big smile on my face. in my car i need to have the same situation in tires but dump the clutch and power shift. i was just driving normal then layed it down. the supercharger whine is intoxicating! I lovved it. it was just a pure animal. too bad they were asking so much. they wanted 37k for it and it was an 07 with 31k miles. ive seen way better then that. i offered them 32k and they didn't want any part of it. oh well. it was a lot of fun!

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011
Apprentice

You know you can find those cars for 30-32k all the time right? Just keep looking if thats what you want.

In my opinion though your better off buying a new 5.0 GT and dropping a sc on that, you will be faster and get a car that hasn't already been abused.

2011 Mustang Gt Yellow Blaze / Brembo Pk / 373 / 6MT / HID /
Mods to date-- Diablo Tune / Magnaflow Comp Series Axle Backs / ScanGuage II / Wtech Floor Liners / Eibach Pro-Kit / UPR LCAs / UPR UCA
380rwhp/370torque

93 Mustang Lx Coupe 2.3 -- DD / Stereo upgraded thats it, for now...

Best to date-- 12.4 @ 116 MPH, 1.95' on stock tires
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberblue_11 View Post
You know you can find those cars for 30-32k all the time right? Just keep looking if thats what you want.

In my opinion though your better off buying a new 5.0 GT and dropping a sc on that, you will be faster and get a car that hasn't already been abused.
yup thats exactly why I offered them that. ive seen with less miles too go for that.

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page