SVT Performance package - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

SVT Performance package

Hello, I have been around this site for a while and was looking into buying a 2012 Mustang GT, but with all the issues people are having with them, I decided to pay extra and get a GT500. I got an SVT performance pack on it and was wondering whether this package included the upgraded (1000 Shaker) system or just the regular 500 Shaker. My car is on its way from the factory now, I don't know how I will survive the next 2 weeks :kooky:Thanks.

2012 GT500. Black. SVTPP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverStang View Post
Hello, I have been around this site for a while and was looking into buying a 2012 Mustang GT, but with all the issues people are having with them, I decided to pay extra and get a GT500. I got an SVT performance pack on it and was wondering whether this package included the upgraded (1000 Shaker) system or just the regular 500 Shaker. My car is on its way from the factory now, I don't know how I will survive the next 2 weeks :kooky:Thanks.
Congrats on the new car! You won't be disappointed. The GT s are nice but they really can't compete with the Shelb., especially with all the tranny issues there having.Not to mention by the time you get everything fully loaded your over 40k anyways, so like 10-15k more you can have what a mustang should be, GOOD choice....

As far as your question did you get nav cause if you didn't then it comes with the 1000 system, it's one or the other
Post some pics. when you get that beauty!!

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEater View Post
Congrats on the new car! You won't be disappointed. The GT s are nice but they really can't compete with the Shelb., especially with all the tranny issues there having.Not to mention by the time you get everything fully loaded your over 40k anyways, so like 10-15k more you can have what a mustang should be, GOOD choice....

As far as your question did you get nav cause if you didn't then it comes with the 1000 system, it's one or the other
Post some pics. when you get that beauty!!
Thanks, just wanted to make sure this was the case. And yea, I can't wait to get that car myself. Hopefully 2 weeks fly by faster than usual

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverStang View Post
Thanks, just wanted to make sure this was the case. And yea, I can't wait to get that car myself. Hopefully 2 weeks fly by faster than usual
The wait sucks but it will be worth it.... oh ya gotta change your signature too....
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
Apprentice

Not to hijack the thread, but I am also from Minnesota, also not wanting to take a chance on a GT, and also have an opportunity to purchase a Shelby. But in this case, a 2011 that's been sitting on the showfloor. Anything I want to look for that might point to the lot boy taking it for an evening spin, or anything that these cars exhibit of they sit a long time?

Thanks in advance,
Rich
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I am also from Minnesota, also not wanting to take a chance on a GT, and also have an opportunity to purchase a Shelby. But in this case, a 2011 that's been sitting on the showfloor. Anything I want to look for that might point to the lot boy taking it for an evening spin, or anything that these cars exhibit of they sit a long time?

Thanks in advance,
Rich
I was talking to the sales guy and he said that their policy for GT500s is to keep them in the show room and they ONLY allow test drives to the people who are actually buying the car. So this keeps regular people from driving the car. As for someone from the dealership, I don' t know :?:. I assume it is not too easy to drive the car out of the show room and than back in. Besides that I guess it is a trust issue. PM me if you wanna know the dealer or have any questions, will be glad to help however I can.

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Man View Post

Thanks in advance,
Rich
Dealers don't typically allow test drives in the GT500. My dealer keeps all in the show room and only certain people are allowed to drive them. Also, the GT500 has a limiting feature programmed in the PCM that will not allow the SC to kick in for a few miles (can't remember how many) just for this reason. Keeps the carriers and lot jockeys from playing.

To find out what is coming on your ordered car ask the dealer for the VIN number and then run it here. Paste the link below in your browser and where it says enter your vin delete the existing and type your actual VIN #. Hit enter and there ya go. You will get your window sticker.

Just click the link below and it will show a GT500. Copy and replace the red VIN # with your actual to see your own window sticker.

Example
http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8JS2C5222031 <<<<< Replace this one with your actual vin #

2008 Shelby GT500 Torch Red / Black - FRP Stingers, Factory Nav, Ambient lighting, HID, Leather Upgrade Package, Seq Tail Lights, Etc..

2011 V6 MCA Edition Ingot Silver / Stone (1 of 6) - Traded

2011 5.0 Grabber Blue GT/CS (1 of 18) - Hers - Auto, Shaker 1000, HID, Comfort and Secuity
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
It's one, or the other, or neither. If he/they didn't order the Shaker 1000 then he doesn't have the Shaker 1000, and has the Shaker 500.

FWIW the Shaker 1000 is pretty rare, most cars either have Nav or nothing. For 2011 out of 5100 cars only 238 had the Shaker 1000. 3522 had Nav. The rest had neither.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKL View Post
It's one, or the other, or neither. If he/they didn't order the Shaker 1000 then he doesn't have the Shaker 1000, and has the Shaker 500.

FWIW the Shaker 1000 is pretty rare, most cars either have Nav or nothing. For 2011 out of 5100 cars only 238 had the Shaker 1000. 3522 had Nav. The rest had neither.
well maybe you are correct but I was told when I got my car it came one way or the other,never anything mentioned about the 500 system....maybe they changed it in 2011...come to think of it I have never seen a shaker 500 in a GT500 before, I think your incorrect .. but your statement is the case for the normal mustang and brother GT , not the Shelby though....
Apprentice

Quote:
well maybe you are correct but I was told when I got my car it came one way or the other,never anything mentioned about the 500 system....maybe they changed it in 2011...come to think of it I have never seen a shaker 500 in a GT500 before, I think your incorrect .. but your statement is the case for the normal mustang and brother GT , not the Shelby though....
I know I'm not incorrect, because I have one, and it has the Shaker 500. Look it up at Ford.com or Edmunds.com, the Shaker 1000 is a cost option. You don't pay for it, you don't get it. And I bet it was the same way in 2010.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8JS1c5204748

Standard equipment: Shaker 500 Audio System
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKL View Post
I know I'm not incorrect, because I have one, and it has the Shaker 500. Look it up at Ford.com or Edmunds.com, the Shaker 1000 is a cost option. You don't pay for it, you don't get it. And I bet it was the same way in 2010.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8JS1c5204748

Standard equipment: Shaker 500 Audio System
Oh looks like I'm wrong, always thought it was one way or the other,,,still I have never seen one without , that's probably why I thought that and not to mention that's what they told me at the dealership as well.... anyways your car seems nice,let's see some pictures...notice you didn't get the Recaro seats, good choice the power ones are way better , more comfortable and look better in my opinion ....good luck with it.....
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Oh looks like I'm wrong, always thought it was one way or the other,,,still I have never seen one without , that's probably why I thought that and not to mention that's what they told me at the dealership as well.... anyways your car seems nice,let's see some pictures...notice you didn't get the Recaro seats, good choice the power ones are way better , more comfortable and look better in my opinion ....good luck with it.....
Thanks for the replies, I will have my car next week and will try to post pics as soon as I can. I am actually planning taking a day or two off to play with the new toy. Yes, I got the SVTPP only, this way the price is not too bad. All of my friends already know about the car, can' t wait to show those Mercedes loving, Audi driving, Lexus fanatics what a real car can do!

Banned

Do all the GT500's have the short throw? How do owners like it? Any concerns buying a 2011 leftover vs 2012? 2011's don't seem discounted.
Rookie

I traded in my 2010 GT500...don't get me wrong I loved it! Just could not keep my ass out of it...had to drive it. Fun factor went away after odometer logged 14 K...reality is you can't daily drive or modify a Shelby without worrying about depreciation.

2011 Mustang GT @ 38K with Brembo Pkg. Suspension upgrade about 2K installed, intake and tune 700. Force to be reckoned with at road tracks.

21k on odometer since Dec. 2010...Loving every minute of it! Not being worried about depreciation...is priceless.

Enjoy your new Shelby...it will be noticed everywhere you go.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zspeed View Post
I traded in my 2010 GT500...don't get me wrong I loved it! Just could not keep my ass out of it...had to drive it. Fun factor went away after odometer logged 14 K...reality is you can't daily drive or modify a Shelby without worrying about depreciation.

2011 Mustang GT @ 38K with Brembo Pkg. Suspension upgrade about 2K installed, intake and tune 700. Force to be reckoned with at road tracks.

21k on odometer since Dec. 2010...Loving every minute of it! Not being worried about depreciation...is priceless.

Enjoy your new Shelby...it will be noticed everywhere you go.
Not sure I follow your statements....you can easily do mods to your GT500 without depreciating, just return to stock when ready to sell.
Oh and the mileage, who cares when your ready to trade in a few years you won't be upside down, I mean how many miles can you put on in 3, 4 years....
Mine is only on the road for 6 months a year but when it's on, if its shining out I'm driving it..currently 4200 miles on mine, I will be doing 3 to 4k miles a season( a year)...

I'm sure your 5.0 is a beauty but man I don't think I could trade my shelby for it, and I do like the 5.0's......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page