Grind 1st to 2nd? Ideas? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Appointment set for the 26th to ride along with a tech. Also PM'd Deysha.

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm17 View Post
Appointment set for the 26th to ride along with a tech. Also PM'd Deysha.
Cool! Got it!

Deysha

Rookie

Unhappy shift 1-2nd grind and block

PM'D Deysha today 7/23, Saturday.
Havin the same problem 2011 Shelby GT500 Conv. Red with white stripes
VIN 1ZVBP8KS0B5158987
Hopefully, Deysha can accelerate the dealer process. Went to the dealer in Lake Worth, Fl about 1 month ago and car demonstrated all the problems. Dealer said Ford was workin on a "fix". I can't stand driving the car as it is, and need it fixed. HELP Deysha...

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSDREEM View Post
Hopefully, Deysha can accelerate the dealer process. Went to the dealer in Lake Worth, Fl about 1 month ago and car demonstrated all the problems. Dealer said Ford was workin on a "fix". I can't stand driving the car as it is, and need it fixed. HELP Deysha...
Good luck with that.

Nobody has had a successful resolution to their transmission issues as of yet, from either the GT camp or the Shelby GT500 side. I truly feel sorry for you, as you paid almost $20 grand more for your car....
Rookie

Unhappy

Well, I am hopeful. I refuse to believe that Ford is not working on a solution, to this pr nightmare. I have had a 2010 Shelby GT500 that did not have any shifting problems. Had some wheel hop, but so do they all til you do the control arms. Traded that Kona Blue in on the 2011 Shelby GT500 conv., and am so frustrated with this shifting problem. Want to start doin mods, but what is the sense if you can't shift it?
Apprentice

Took the car to the dealer this morning. Tech drove it, tested all the gears up and down. At first he said it felt OK. I told him to hit 1-2 like he wanted to chirp the tires into second- he tried... GRIIIIIND! Happened twice. He said that's definitely a problem. Service advisor is ordering parts- 2nd gear, synro, blocker, etc and will call me when they come in.

Apprentice

Update:

Rory from Ford Customer Service called me (very friendly gal by the way) to follow up. She said the parts are on order, should be about 3 days to get to the dealer, then they'll take my car in for the repairs. I'll report back what I find out.

If you haven't noticed, Ford is monitoring this site (and probably others) to help with customer concerns. I find that impressive.

Rookie

Been following threads about the tranny grind issue. Quite concern because I ordered a Shelby a few weeks ago.

Any Idea if the issue has been correct going forward (before the car is delivered).

Thanks!

2012 GT 500 -
Delivered to dealer... Did not take delivery
WHITE with RED Stripes
SVT PP
Rookie

It is good to see something happening with the shift. Mine grinds and it is pretty frustrating. After reading this thread I have a better idea how to approach the dealer. Thanks!
Rookie

To update my last post, pm'd Deysha with my VIN,dealer and contact info. She responded the next day and gave the case to a customer service rep. He is researching the problem and is calling me tomorrow. I had taken my Shelby to the dealer about a month ago and the car demonstrated all the problems with 1st-2nd shift. The dealer at that time said Ford was working on a fix. This Tuesday, I am returning the car to the dealer. I will keep my fellow brothers in the loop, as to how my cars fix goes. I am hopeful, in Deerfield Beach, Florida.:?:
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpdSpazm View Post
bpmurr, Good to see you here from TMS. Sorry to hear you have the issue on the '11 after your "fun" with the '10. I too am seeing the grind issue on my '11. I just hit the 2,500 mile mark after a year and am starting to get into the pedal more... I want to take her in to be looked at, but don't want to lose the car for a month or more during the middle of driving season! I'm content to drive gentle for the one day a week I take the car out these days.

Deysha,
When I had a transmission problem on my 2006 GT back in 2007 Ford refused to help me and I had to pay for it myself. After the job, the mechanic was able to prove the issue was caused during assembly, but still nothing from Ford back then.

In regards to the issue in my 2011 Shelby, would you be able to assist me in this as well?
Hey WarpdSpazm,

Im still here to help! If you still need me, please pm me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK'S GT 500 View Post
Been following threads about the tranny grind issue. Quite concern because I ordered a Shelby a few weeks ago.

Any Idea if the issue has been correct going forward (before the car is delivered).

Thanks!
Congrats on your new order MARKS GT 500!! I can help you track it, just private message me with your dealer name and order number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSDREEM View Post
To update my last post, pm'd Deysha with my VIN,dealer and contact info. She responded the next day and gave the case to a customer service rep. He is researching the problem and is calling me tomorrow. I had taken my Shelby to the dealer about a month ago and the car demonstrated all the problems with 1st-2nd shift. The dealer at that time said Ford was working on a fix. This Tuesday, I am returning the car to the dealer. I will keep my fellow brothers in the loop, as to how my cars fix goes. I am hopeful, in Deerfield Beach, Florida.:?:
Thank you for the update DADSDREEM!!

Deysha
Rookie

Hi Deysha!

I'm still here.. Trying to get a hold of my dealer to schedule the car for a visit.
I'll PM you the information in in the mean time.. I am calling him again today as he did not call me back yet. Hopefully will have a server date next week.. I am trying for the 9th or 10th to drop it off.

Ray
2011 GT500 Thanks Jeff!
2010 Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin
Previous Rides
2006 Mustang GT - Tungsten Grey
2003 Mach 1 - Torch Red
Rookie

UPDATE:

Was suppossed to bring car into dealer for repair today. Last 2 days I have been drivin my car alot tryin to focus on 1st-2nd shift. Have grind if I do not wait 1-2 seconds between shifting 1st to 2nd. And that was depressing clutch to floor for entire time. Seems like 2 minutes between shifts. If I do this, the fun is gone, but no grind. If I even "attempt" to just shift normal, GRIND. I have absolutely no grind when downshifting from 3rd to second. So, I called the Customer Rep, Jesus, and his latest info on the issue was that 2 areas are being looked at for the "REPAIR". Clutch and Linkage. I have always felt, since I first felt the grind, that the clutch was not fully engaging on the 1st to 2nd shift. Felt like you want to push the clutch through the floor. Like Clutch was to low and you wanted to raise the engagement to the highest point possible. Clutch also feels to soft. But only with this shift! So weird. So maybe linkage,clutch and 2nd gear are all needing the "REPAIR". So, I decided not to have the tranny torn down and to wait for the TSB. The repair will be available to us when it shows up non "OASIS", Ford Hotline to dealer service department. They use your VIN and when they run it, it flags your car for the repair. I was told repair will be out in "NEAR" future. So I will be "waiting in Deerfield Beach". Again, thanks to Deysha and Jesus. I surely do not want to shoot the messengers, as they are trying to placate IRATE (rightly so) owners. Hopefully I will be able to post that the FIX is available. Best to all others in the trenches.
Apprentice

I'm not waiting. Parts are in and scheduled to drop off car on august 9th.

Rookie

Ours is scheduled for August 15th, although I am not sure what will happen. I called customer service and sent Deysha my info. All I know is that that 1-2 grind is terrible. It happens for no discernible reason. Hard shift, soft shift, warm, cold, my husband driving, me driving. It really ruins what should be a fun driving machine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
grinding gears , gt500 , tremec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page