Grind 1st to 2nd? Ideas? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3lby View Post
Well, my car is still sitting at the dealer.
Oh, man Sorry you had to miss out on your events, Sh3lby. I hope everything gets taken care of for you and you get your ride back tomorrow. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I doubt I will get the car back tomorrow. My husband spoke to the service manager late this afternoon and he told my husband the parts had just been "released" and they might get them tomorrow. Maybe by the end of the week, but we are headed out camping Friday at noon.

Rookie

My 1-2 grind update

I was called by my dealership service department this morning. He informed me that Ford will be coming out with a TSB at the end of September or beginning of October. He said as far as he knew it involved a clutch issue and a shifter issue. He would let me know as soon as he receives the TSB and schedule my repair. Bankston Fort of Burleson TX. We shall see I guess. I own a 2011 Shelby GT500 with 5000 miles. SVTPP and Electronics Package. Love the car, just sick of grinding hamburger.

Last edited by danw623; 08-31-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: fix

Rookie

I am glad a TSB is coming out. We might have waited a bit to get ours fixed had we known that. Nice driving weather in Michigan can be hard to come by.
Ours is a 2011 GT500 with just over 2000k on it. Like you, we love the car but hate the grind.
Rookie

OK. This is about the final straw. I can't even see straight. My husband just got off the phone with the service department. They DO NOT have the parts. It seems there is some problem with a part from Canada or someplace that can't be found. The car has been at the dealer since August 12th. I wish I had asked my husband for some other car. The car of my dreams is turning into a nightmare.
Calls to our CSM go straight to voicemail and are never returned.
Rookie

FYI: enlight of the info on this site and others (these trannies are widley used), I had no choice but to cancel my order..... Dealer quickly sent my deposit back.....they're not upset... I will wait till the spring.

Couldn't chance getting into a situation as described here. I'm tooooo anal and get too nervous about my cars!!! I would be sick over this......I can only imagine how upset you guys are and hope your issues are resolved asap.

Mark

2012 GT 500 -
Delivered to dealer... Did not take delivery
WHITE with RED Stripes
SVT PP
Rookie

Another depressing update: Today is September the 9th. My car was taken to the dealer on August the 12th. Still no car. This is inexcusable.
Rookie

The Shelby I originally ordered was delivered to the dealer on Wed.

So tempting!!!

The dealer e-mailed me pictures.......Its feels like I broke up with a hot girl and now I see pictures of a friend with her on facebook!!!

2012 GT 500 -
Delivered to dealer... Did not take delivery
WHITE with RED Stripes
SVT PP
Rookie

New to the site. '12 GT500. I have the 1-2 shift grind and have documented and verified the problem with my local Ford dealer (Fremont Ford of Fremont, CA). Main reason for joining the board to follow this thread and to enlist the help of Ford Customer Service BEFORE delving into the R&R work. I understand things are mechanical and are either designed wrong, assembled wrong, or flat go bad, etc... . I can deal with the car being down a couple days during the work, but not for 3-4 weeks waiting on parts, special tools, etc..., so I want this done right, right out of the gate. If anyone has any advice on handling this beyond what has been discussed in this thread I'd certainly welcome it.

'12 Kona Blue GT500

FRPP Res Delete | AirRaid Blue Filter | FRPP M-5300-L springs |

Rookie

I did everything by the book. The grind has been there since day one. The mechanic at the dealer drove it and agreed there was a problem. This was last year.This year, I contacted Ford customer service, plus Deysha, the Ford rep here, and followed their instructions. In retrospect, I would have had them have all parts and tools in their possesion before taking the car in. However, customer service told us we had to take the car to the dealer to have the problem "verified" even though we all knew the car didn't shift correctly.
Enjoy your car. I hope you have better luck with getting yours fixed.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGreg View Post
New to the site. '12 GT500. I have the 1-2 shift grind and have documented and verified the problem with my local Ford dealer (Fremont Ford of Fremont, CA).
Hello GTOGreg,

Welcome to the forum. I received your PM and Id like to forward your info to the Customer Service Manager in your zone for further assistance. First, make an appointment with your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Then, send me another PM with your VIN and current mileage so I can escalate this for you.

Deysha
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hello GTOGreg,

Welcome to the forum. I received your PM and Id like to forward your info to the Customer Service Manager in your zone for further assistance. First, make an appointment with your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Then, send me another PM with your VIN and current mileage so I can escalate this for you.

Deysha

Hello Deysha. Diagnosis appointment has already been fulfilled, and they're ready to start the work. There is an open RO and they're just waiting for me to bring it in to start the tear-down. THe RO info is in that PM I sent you. Sending you another PM with the info you asked for now...

Thank you!

Greg

'12 Kona Blue GT500

Rookie

Well I guess Ford customer service contacted them, but now they want me to bring it in so the Master Tech can drive it and verify himself, as apparently it wasn't enough that I did it. They had 2 opptys to do this already mind you. The owner of Fremont Ford won't let them drive another Shelby to try and verify the problem, though he has one on the floor ("no way, now how", I believe were his words to his people). They're no longer willing to do the work as was committed last week.

So, just took a step backward apparently. Stay tuned. My recommendation to ANYONE thinking of purchasing a Shelby with 50-60 large right now is to WAIT. WAIT it out until they get this problem corrected. You don't want to own the car and then figure it out.

'12 Kona Blue GT500

FordService

Quote:
Hello Deysha. Diagnosis appointment has already been fulfilled, and they're ready to start the work. Sending you another PM with the info you asked for now...
Thank you!

Greg
Quote:
Well I guess Ford customer service contacted them, but now they want me to bring it in so the Master Tech can drive it and verify himself, as apparently it wasn't enough that I did it.
Thank you for the info, GTOGreg! No worries, I'll do everything I can to help. I'll get back to you in a little while.

Deysha
Rookie

Deysha, no offense, but you told me not to worry and my car is STILL at the dealer.
I agree with Greg. If you are thinking about spending all that money on a GT500, wait until the issue is fixed. Right now I wish we had financed the car through Ford. We would just let them keep it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
grinding gears , gt500 , tremec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page