Grind 1st to 2nd? Ideas? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3lby View Post
I agree with Greg. If you are thinking about spending all that money on a GT500, wait until the issue is fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGreg View Post
My recommendation to ANYONE thinking of purchasing a Shelby with 50-60 large right now is to WAIT. WAIT it out until they get this problem corrected. You don't want to own the car and then figure it out.
Guys, your situation and the fact that you shared this info (as other have on other sites), have confirmed my decision not to take delivery on the car I ordered. For that, I thank you.

Im 52 with 3 kids and have waited a long time to be able to afford this car. I will continue to wait....

2012 GT 500 -
Delivered to dealer... Did not take delivery
WHITE with RED Stripes
SVT PP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danw623 View Post
I was called by my dealership service department this morning. He informed me that Ford will be coming out with a TSB at the end of September or beginning of October. He said as far as he knew it involved a clutch issue and a shifter issue. He would let me know as soon as he receives the TSB and schedule my repair. Bankston Fort of Burleson TX. We shall see I guess. I own a 2011 Shelby GT500 with 5000 miles. SVTPP and Electronics Package. Love the car, just sick of grinding hamburger.
I had my 2011 fixed at the dealer two months ago and it is better but still grinds. so hopefully with the new TSB it will be resolved.

Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Same Issue with 1-2 Shift

I am really interested in seeing where this issue with the 6060 trans is going. I have a 2011 bought new in May with just over 2000 miles on it. Like others who have posted about this issue..right now it is intermittent in function and severity. By that I mean it may grind 2nd gear just leaving a parking lot at 2500 RPM or it may refuse 2nd gear at a somewhat higher RPM while exercising the supercharger at around 4500 revs. It is totally unpredictable! I have NEVER Power Shifted this car at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE nor anything close to it! I am afraid too. Nothing good is going to happen if it refuses 2nd gear at high RPM's even though I have the rev limiter set rather low.
PLEASE! All those who are in the process of getting this issue looked at through a Ford dealer, let us know how it is progressing. If possible publish the parts list used to fix or try to fix the issue.

Bummer we have to pay this kind of money for a nice ride and have to baby it due to trans issues.

2011 Shelby GT 500, SVTPP Package all stock accept Foose Wheels, MRT rear window louvers, side pods from American Muscle.
1985 Mustang GT, Blue Printed 302 w 650 Holley, Twisted Wedge Aluminum Heads, Ram Clutch, Tremec 3550 built by D&D Performance, Aluminum Driveline, Auburn Locker w 31 spline Moser axles, 4:10 gears.

Rookie

At the dealer now. Has visibility with Ford Customer Service so they're making sure they get it right. First step is to take it to dealer and get their shop foreman or manager to verify the problem for themselves. They won't do anything until THEY verify the problem exists. Request to ride along with them so you can duplicate the conditions under which it happens. We had to put about 7 miles on the car before he was comfortable in saying he duplicated the problem. If you are not with them don't be surprised if it comes back to the shop with a "Could Not Duplicate" message on the repair order. The problem truly exists and Ford is aware of it. some units are affected, some are not... . Good luck.

'12 Kona Blue GT500

FRPP Res Delete | AirRaid Blue Filter | FRPP M-5300-L springs |

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownpony View Post
I am really interested in seeing where this issue with the 6060 trans is going. I have a 2011 bought new in May with just over 2000 miles on it. Like others who have posted about this issue..right now it is intermittent in function and severity.
Quote:
At the dealer now. Has visibility with Ford Customer Service so they're making sure they get it right. First step is to take it to dealer and get their shop foreman or manager to verify the problem for themselves.
Hey Blownpony,

I agree with GTOGreg on taking your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Then private message me with your contact info, VIN, dealer, and mileage so I can escalate this to your Customer Service Manager in your zone. Id like to see you out enjoying your ride to the fullest. Also, thank you for the update and the advise to others, GTOGreg!!!

Deysha
Rookie

I had my problem verified. Didn't do any good. Still haven't seen my car since August the 12th. I am so disgusted with all of this.
Rookie

Quote:
I had my problem verified. Didn't do any good. Still haven't seen my car since August the 12th. I am so disgusted with all of this.

Well, easy for me to say hang in there...I'm not the one without a car for more than a month. I will say that I've been very pleased thus far with the way Ford is handling this, especially with the help of the Social Media team on this board (Deysha). I can only assume you are getting the same level of attention on that front. Which leaves me to wonder about the competency of your servicing dealer...are they a SVT certified shop? The 6060 only comes in the GT500, so if they don't do SVT then they won't be accustomed to working on this trans regularly. Heck, you are in the Motor City, I'm surprised Ford Corporate isn't personally inspecting your vehicle...should have all kinds of talent around there...

Good luck on your situation and I hope you are back on the road again. Your avatar is stunning, must get a LOT of attention .

'12 Kona Blue GT500

Rookie

I am not in the Motor City. I am in a very rural area.
I am very unhappy with Ford Customer Service. The person Deysha says we should go through (Wendy) only ever returned the very first phone call and she just left a message. Both my husband and I have tried to get in touch with her. Her voice mail is all we ever reach and she doesn't respond.
Rookie

Quote:
I am not in the Motor City. I am in a very rural area.
bingo..there's your problem. You need to get it to a metro area where they move a few of these units and they're not sitting there looking at it like a spaceship. Honestly, just trying to help, no offense.

'12 Kona Blue GT500

FordService

Quote:
I will say that I've been very pleased thus far with the way Ford is handling this, especially with the help of the Social Media team on this board (Deysha).
Thank you for the kudos, GTOGreg!:smilie

Quote:
I am very unhappy with Ford Customer Service. The person Deysha says we should go through (Wendy) only ever returned the very first phone call and she just left a message.
I see you'll be getting your car back today, Sh3lby! I can't wait to hear you are back on the road with your Stang!

Deysha
Rookie

My baby is back!!!!!! I picked up the car yesterday afternoon. You can now drive this car like it was meant to be driven. What a difference! The list of parts that were replaced is quite long. Besides 1-2 gear problems, they found a problem with 6th and reverse. I am so happy to have my car back home:yelpleased: Now I am hoping for a nice sunny Autumn!
Rookie

Quote:
My baby is back!!!!!! I picked up the car yesterday afternoon. You can now drive this car like it was meant to be driven. What a difference! The list of parts that were replaced is quite long. Besides 1-2 gear problems, they found a problem with 6th and reverse. I am so happy to have my car back home:yelpleased: Now I am hoping for a nice sunny Autumn!

That's great!!! Congrats on getting it back. Now go drive the wheels off it!

'12 Kona Blue GT500

Apprentice

Great news. That's two of us that got it fixed.

Now to keep the rear tires planted on the road is another problem...

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package
Rookie

Got a call from Ford Customer Service yesterday and they said it was tracking to next Friday so it looks like the ash gray, cloth-seated Camry for another week. They have the regional Ford Engineer working on the unit so apparently there is a high level of complexity...I thought it weird that the local techs would be doing bench work, I know we didn't when I worked at Mercedes/BMW 20 years ago. It was R&R on a known bad unit. Not because we couldn't do it but simple economics - it costs less and is faster to do a swap with some guy in Topeka or somewhere rebuilding them on a bench...not to mention consistent quality. This tells me that they are serious about getting to the root of the problem and they're using field experience on each of our cars to get closer to the problem and why it's happening.

Congrats to the two of you who got your cars back already, I hope to be joining you soon!

'12 Kona Blue GT500

Apprentice

In fact the only cars I've heard of that Ford worked on and they still had the problem were the guys who got the whole transmission replaced. So I'm glad they took they mine apart and changed out the bad parts (synros)

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
grinding gears , gt500 , tremec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page