LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3lby View Post
For those of you who are interested, the following is a list of the parts that were replaced:
7230 shift fork 1-2
7240/7358 rail, 1-2
7A082/7B331 kit,snap ring
7K316/7M005/7L056 Gear, output shaft, driven 6th gear
7102/7103 Gear, output shaft, 2nd
7146 Gear, countershaft, 6th
7124 Sync asy complete, output shaft, 1st&2nd gear
7025 Bearing kit,input,countershaft &reverse idler gear
7107-A 2nd syncro rings
7107-A 1syncro rings
7L082-AA pads
7B096-A pins
7052-AA Seal
7B340 Nut
7052-A seal
7210-AE shifter
there was a shaft replaced that I can't read the number on
Sh3lby, is there any way to get confirmation of that last part (Shaft) and what the part number is ??? I have Ford Customer Service helping and wanted this to complete my parts list.

Thank you,

2011 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Unhappy 2012 with 1-2 grind

The trans made noise in 2nd as soon as I got it, drove it home and thought it needed a few miles to break in, holy batman it does not like 2nd gear above 5K rpm unless I pause 2-3 seconds to shift, I'm very disappointed that my 53,600 dollar car has transmission issues.

I hope Ford can fix this. I will stand by Ford if they take care of this.

Rookie

Question 2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3lby
For those of you who are interested, the following is a list of the parts that were replaced:
7230 shift fork 1-2
7240/7358 rail, 1-2
7A082/7B331 kit,snap ring
7025 Bearing kit,input,countershaft &reverse idler gear
7107-A 2nd syncro rings
7107-A 1syncro rings
7L082-AA pads
7B096-A pins
7052-AA Seal
7B340 Nut
7052-A seal
7210-AE shifter
there was a shaft replaced that I can't read the number on

Anyone know in Denver which dealer I should take my car to ? I bought the car in Nebraska.

Rookie

Grind and Clunk

Hello all,

Bought a red 2011 with 8K on it on 10/18/2011 and noticed the first to second gear grind right away. The car also has a really annoying "clunk" sound when going over small bumps in the road. The car has been at Jennings Anderson Ford since 10/29/2011. Not sure i want to keep it now..Also not sure what i can do about it cause i did not finance with Ford. Going to investigate what can be done tomorrow. The dealership is really pissing me off, at first they told me five days,,,,then it was today,,,,,then tomorrow,,,,,now their telling me won't even be this week.
Rookie

Just got a call from the dealer....Said they installed all the parts and the car is still not shifting properly. I guess i got to give them props for not returning the car to me still messed up BUT....I want the damn car right... and i don't want to be paying for something i don't have! I called Ford SVT today and they said the dealer needed to get a Field Service engineer to go work on the car! What the hell is that? How about just putting a complete new transmission in the thing..Have PM'd with Deysha back and forth a few times and still not sure if this has been escalated to anyone who gives a ****...I am lucky i guess.... that i have the financial whererwithal to do something stupid if i have to...really would just like my damn car back and the way it should have been from the get go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thgt500 View Post
Hello all,

Bought a red 2011 with 8K on it on 10/18/2011 and noticed the first to second gear grind right away. The car also has a really annoying "clunk" sound when going over small bumps in the road. The car has been at Jennings Anderson Ford since 10/29/2011. Not sure i want to keep it now..Also not sure what i can do about it cause i did not finance with Ford. Going to investigate what can be done tomorrow. The dealership is really pissing me off, at first they told me five days,,,,then it was today,,,,,then tomorrow,,,,,now their telling me won't even be this week.
Rookie

FORGOT TO ADD....that when speaking with SVT their suggestion of the Field Service Engineer.... was FOR ME to tell the dealer....thats what they need to do. WTFS!!!! I have to manage the dealer now?? BS!!!

Quote:
Just got a call from the dealer....Said they installed all the parts and the car is still not shifting properly. I guess i got to give them props for not returning the car to me still messed up BUT....I want the damn car right... and i don't want to be paying for something i don't have! I called Ford SVT today and they said the dealer needed to get a Field Service engineer to go work on the car! What the hell is that? How about just putting a complete new transmission in the thing..Have PM'd with Deysha back and forth a few times and still not sure if this has been escalated to anyone who gives a ****...I am lucky i guess.... that i have the financial whererwithal to do something stupid if i have to...really would just like my damn car back and the way it should have been from the get go..
Rookie

+1

Add another disappointed owner being told the 1st to 2nd shift behavior is normal. Dealer verified it happens, factory hotline tells them it is normal under WOT accel. I know I am easily confused, why does this seem more so than usual?

And to add insult to injury, the hotline that has never seen me or the car throws in that possibly driver is not shifting properly. I'm crushed .

Does anyone know, will the factory still support/allow dealers to try and fix the issue, or have they done the math and decided against more repairs? I'll be deciding between a factory fix (not looking good so far), aftermarket (clutch line, shifter, tranny internals, omg why?), or trading for a different set of problems (AMG, CTS V, Chevy, Mopar, etc). The warranty support is telling me to cut losses and trade.

It's been 30 years since my last Ford. A shame, too, otherwise I rather like the car. I guess the wife is right, anyone that buys a Ford can eat it and howl at the moon.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford 11-11-11001.pdf (39.2 KB, 200 views)

...the GT500 is irresponsible and outrageous, and seems intended for people with social disorders. --Eddie Alterman
Rookie

FORD 1-2 Shift Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBiter12 View Post
Add another disappointed owner being told the 1st to 2nd shift behavior is normal. Dealer verified it happens, factory hotline tells them it is normal under WOT accel. I know I am easily confused, why does this seem more so than usual?

And to add insult to injury, the hotline that has never seen me or the car throws in that possibly driver is not shifting properly. I'm crushed .

Does anyone know, will the factory still support/allow dealers to try and fix the issue, or have they done the math and decided against more repairs? I'll be deciding between a factory fix (not looking good so far), aftermarket (clutch line, shifter, tranny internals, omg why?), or trading for a different set of problems (AMG, CTS V, Chevy, Mopar, etc). The warranty support is telling me to cut losses and trade.

It's been 30 years since my last Ford. A shame, too, otherwise I rather like the car. I guess the wife is right, anyone that buys a Ford can eat it and howl at the moon.
Yep, I'm being told the same eatshit line that this is normal, its total BS copout from FORD.

If they won't fix this right then its BYE BYE Ford. They should be ashamed to sell 50K plus Shelbys that won't shift correctly.
Rookie

Update/cure

All:

Car is back in my garage and is shifting properly now. Took near 20 days but i got it back and its right. I had 2 issues....the 1st, 2nd gear grind.....as well as a clunking noise from the suspension when going over small bumps in the road. BOTH ARE FIXED!!!

Parts list is too long to type so i upload images.

Last edited by thgt500; 11-16-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: n/a
Rookie

This is what fixed the clunking:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Quote:
All:

Car is back in my garage and is shifting properly now. Took near 20 days but i got it back and its right. I had 2 issues....the 1st, 2nd gear grind.....as well as a clucnking noise from the suspension when going over small bumps in the road. BOTH ARE FIXED!!!

Parts list is too long to type so i upload images.
Rookie

This is what TOTALLY fixed the shifting:

Imageshack - tranny.jpg

Quote:
This is what fixed the clunking:

ImageShackģ - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Rookie

Finally at home: http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/7...8165110902.jpg

K i shut up now....Just happy

Quote:
This is what TOTALLY fixed the shifting:

tranny.jpg/" target="_blank">Imageshack - tranny.jpg
Rookie

Deysha,

I made appointment with my dealer (Waldorf Ford, Maryland) on Monday, November 21, 2011, to diagnosis the problem with my grinding from 1st to 2nd gear and also the car isnít shifting properly.
I just received a call from my Service Advisor Natalie Dickens stating that they have duplicated and confirmed the grinding issue again with my new complete transmission that was replaced 900 miles ago.
At this point the service advisor is not sure what direction to go to fix the problem, since there is no TSB out to instruct the service tech on how to correct the problem.
Service advisor indicated that Waldorf Ford doesnít have the four (4) special tools to address my transmission problem.
It is my understanding that the following parts need to be replacing in order to fix the problem:
7230 shift fork 1-2
7240/7358 rail, 1-2
7A082/7B331 kit, snap ring
7025 Bearing kit, input, countershaft &reverse idler gear
7107-A 2nd syncro rings
7107-A 1syncro rings
7L082-AA pads
7B096-A pins
7052-AA Seal
7B340 Nut
7052-A seal
7210-AE shifter

The service advisor is telling me to come pick-up my car, but it sill has the problem and they canít fix it.

Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Can anyone provide the part numbers of the four tools repeatedly referenced?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAP-Stangs View Post
Deysha,

I made appointment with my dealer (Waldorf Ford, Maryland) on Monday, November 21, 2011, to diagnosis the problem with my grinding from 1st to 2nd gear and also the car isnít shifting properly.
I just received a call from my Service Advisor Natalie Dickens stating that they have duplicated and confirmed the grinding issue again with my new complete transmission that was replaced 900 miles ago.
At this point the service advisor is not sure what direction to go to fix the problem, since there is no TSB out to instruct the service tech on how to correct the problem.
Service advisor indicated that Waldorf Ford doesnít have the four (4) special tools to address my transmission problem.
It is my understanding that the following parts need to be replacing in order to fix the problem:
7230 shift fork 1-2
7240/7358 rail, 1-2
7A082/7B331 kit, snap ring
7025 Bearing kit, input, countershaft &reverse idler gear
7107-A 2nd syncro rings
7107-A 1syncro rings
7L082-AA pads
7B096-A pins
7052-AA Seal
7B340 Nut
7052-A seal
7210-AE shifter

The service advisor is telling me to come pick-up my car, but it sill has the problem and they canít fix it.

Try calling the service manager at Sheehy Ford, Springfield, VA. They did my transmission. They had to get the tools from a local ford technical group in Chantilly, but at least they know how/what to fix and have done it before. Let the service manager know that they did mine (kona blue 2012) and maybe they'll offer to help you out.

'12 Kona Blue GT500 SVTPP/Electronics package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
grinding gears , gt500 , tremec

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page