Borla Sport GT500 Exhaust Video - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Borla Sport GT500 Exhaust Video

We were curious if the new Borla systems would wound as good on the GT500's as they do on the 5.0L. So yesterday we finally got the opportunity (because of a local allfordmustang's member) to install the Borla Sport (140411) system on the 2011 GT500. Verdict is in and I am pleased to say the Borla system sounds just as good (maybe even better, which I never thought was possible) as th 5.0L Borla Exhaust.

Zero Drone and the the exhaust has that deep muscle car sound that that the Mustang is so famous for.

Check out the video here.....

Borla Mustang GT500 Exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scparts View Post
We were curious if the new Borla systems would wound as good on the GT500's as they do on the 5.0L. So yesterday we finally got the opportunity (because of a local allfordmustang's member) to install the Borla Sport (140411) system on the 2011 GT500. Verdict is in and I am pleased to say the Borla system sounds just as good (maybe even better, which I never thought was possible) as th 5.0L Borla Exhaust.

Zero Drone and the the exhaust has that deep muscle car sound that that the Mustang is so famous for.

Check out the video here.....

Borla Mustang GT500 Exhaust
I'm surprised you don't have any drone when so many others have complained about it.. The borlas sound good for sure, with that said they could stand to be a tad louder. When it comes down to it I've been through many many exhaust systems, not borla but have been around many with them and hands down the best sounding system for the GT500 is the Roush cat/axle systems, hands down, especially with an H pipe, and I would have to give the runner up to the KR axle back. To each his own though.....

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011
Apprentice
S197 Member

Why didn't somebody open it up so you could hear it at WOT?
If you want to sell them, make a video at WOT; that is what would get people's attention.:kooky:

It's a 'Stang thang; they wouldn't understand!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011
Rookie

Anybody have a link to the roush catback extreme exhaust??? Was at Mustang week in Myrtle Beach and had my freakin ear drums blown out by the different exhausts. Met alot of great people (Shelby and fellow Mustang owners)! One was telling me, with the Roush H pipe, that muffler placement, middle of car, was reason why exhaust was so good?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballnut View Post
Why didn't somebody open it up so you could hear it at WOT?
If you want to sell them, make a video at WOT; that is what would get people's attention.:kooky:
we did......what gives you the impression it was not a WOT?

Several shots were WOT.......

The owner of the car is on this forum, hopefully he chimes in...Heck he almost lost control of the car one time because the back end got away from him

Jim
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEater View Post
I'm surprised you don't have any drone when so many others have complained about it.. The borlas sound good for sure, with that said they could stand to be a tad louder. When it comes down to it I've been through many many exhaust systems, not borla but have been around many with them and hands down the best sounding system for the GT500 is the Roush cat/axle systems, hands down, especially with an H pipe, and I would have to give the runner up to the KR axle back. To each his own though.....
Nope no drone at all.........

We did not have the X pipe though...not that I would expect that to make a difference.

Jim
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Just got two more in stock...have been sold out for the last few weeks.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page