What should be done to Mustang to run in targa NFLD - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

What should be done to Mustang to run in targa NFLD

Just looking for peoples opions on what i should do to run a gt500 for the 2200km rally race in targa nfld ,, from mustang racers and owners , i have run minis and bmw but i want to try a mustang and see how it goes i love the 2007 shelby gt500 and i was going to run it this year but ran out of time to do so so ill work on making it very prepared for next year

thank yo looking forward to your opinions and thoughts

Robert
2007 Shelby gt500 wight vert strip delet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
PONY Member

personally i would run a cage when rallying on the rock
is it a bone stock car?

2000 V6

Infinite wishlist
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
4.6L Member
S197 Member

first thing i would do is get some huge brakes, best tires you can find and afford and also the best susupension upgrades you can find. Then after that id start mod'n the engine.

Its good to see a fellow maritimer on here. I grew up in dartmouth and eastern passage pretty much my whole life.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Question What?

Mod the engine? Isn't the biggest problem with GT500's is putting all that power down the pavement effectively?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011
telecaster

Welcome Robert, Good to hear your thinking about running the Shelby in Targa Next year! We will be certainly be cheering for you!
Give Rick a Pm he ran a Mustang a couple years back and currently has a Shelby, and seahorse who can provide you with a few answers and links, he also has a highly modified shelby! Nice guys that can help you out in your quest to conquer the Rock!
We would love to see you run that Beast!

Good Luck and see ya Next Year!

Mike
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011
GT Member

Seems to me you have run it at least twice you know more than we might. I saw the show about that race on Speed looked like a real riot. If you want to do well I would sugest you buy a used FR500 and not a GT500. The FR500 has a fully welded chassis, a real multi point cage, no needless sound proofing and a naturally aspirated engine which mean less weight. Because of the roughness of the roads having less weight will mean less stress and your chance of finishing will be much higher.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011
Rookie

and probably the most important piece of safety equipment...a Personal Flotation Device (Lifejacket)

Enzo crashes into ocean at Targa Newfoundland 2011 - YouTube

Sorry, couldn't help it <grin!>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page