07 Shelby GT already ebaying for a ridiculous amount... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Unhappy 07 Shelby GT already ebaying for a ridiculous amount...

The link explains it all. Too bad the general population doesn't know any better.

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 270069737784 end time Dec-23-06 09:29:50 PST)

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

ha ha ha the sucker who pays that with only 325 hp is a dummy!!save your money get a stock gt. throw a grand into it that will give you more then 325. nice car but not worth that.wait a year arent the 2008's going to have 350 or 375 for a gt???

2005 gt mods include c&L intake,steed ud pullies, violator x pipe w/flowmaster mufflers,hurst shifter,custom tune by evolution motorsports.
319 hp 333 tq rearwheel!!
aperance mods include. xeon side scoops with louvers,classic chin spoiler,shaker hood scoop,18x10 rear and 17x9 front wheels.painted stripes!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball View Post
The link explains it all. Too bad the general population doesn't know any better.

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 270069737784 end time Dec-23-06 09:29:50 PST)
Unfortunately a good portion of the general population are morons. Just look at the people who actively bid on empty Xbox boxes and pieces of toast that claim to display the image of the Virgin Mary.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I amazed at the car dealerships on e-bay running auctions on the Mustang Shelby GT where the winner will pay the winning auction price in addition to the MSRP for the car, and the Shelby GT hasn't been released to the public yet. I've seen one auction where it's almost $6,000 for the price the winner will have to pay over MSRP to get the car and I don't think that dealership will get the car until later in 07 as they won't order the car until they have a winner in the auction.

This is just way too much hype for me. I'll stick to my v6 and mod it out accordingly for I would much rather spend $40,000 in mods on my own v6 than ever pay stupid markup on any kind of car, no matter how in demand it may or may not be.

I posted this in another thread but I think this still holds up here...

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006
MACH I Member

Hey mang, it has a manuel transmission. LOL

2005 GT coupe
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well people were not too dumb, auction ended and no bids!!
Maybe the price will come down a liitle and they will try again LOL

Can life get any better????
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zmanm3
I'm all for a free economy, I say if some fool wants to pay 6-8K plus the sticker price let him, he probably has too much money if he can afford to do that. I did say the same thing about the Shelby GT 500 and people are still paying 5-30K over the sticker price for those too. I wanted one and at the sticker price I probably would have gotten one but the best deal I could find was 5K over the sticker price and I am just not willing to pay that. Heck I didn't pay the sticker for my 05 GT when they were saying they wouldn't sell them for anything below the sticker in March 05.

05 - Zeon body kit, Saleen S/C, 3.6" pully, 90mm MAF, L/T Heders, Catted X-Pipe, Saleen Race Craft suspension, Axel brace, Pan hard bar. More to come this spring from my friends at PMP and Larry H.
65 - Street force coil over front suspension, Wilwood disk breaks at all 4 wheels, More construction in progress! More to come this spring from Simons Auto & Restoration!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jasons99gt
Let people buy and sell without the hassle. It's what makes America great! 30 years from now when Shelby is long gone, it would be cool to have one of the last vehicles with his name on the dash.

Who are we to judge? People dont buy these cars for performance, they buy them for investment value.

99gt vert, CAI, Ford Racing Shortie Headers, MAC 2.5in catback, MAC o/r h-pipe, FRPP alum. driveshaft, March underdrive pullies, sct custom dyno tune, eibach pro-kit, bullitt alum pedals, Cobra Brake Kit, Tokico shocks and struts, PIAA bright whites...FRPP 4.10s!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I am a fan of buy a GT and spending a few thousand to customize the car the way you want it.......wheels, suspension, body, paint, engine, whatever you want.

I found this 06 Saleen on E-bay being offered for a "buy it now" price of $38,600 which is almost 7 grand off the MSRP of $45,610.....interesting!

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 220063879307 end time Dec-27-06 07:37:00 PST)

2006 Mustang GT - premium, 5spd, charcoal leather/dash, IUP, Shaker 500, spoiler delete

484 rwhp / 446 tq - Mods: Whipple HO, Custom tune by Tillman Speed, SOS pod w/Cobalt gauges, Kooks LT's w/catted X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth, FRPP Handling Pack, Hurst Shifter (chrome w/black ball), Zinik Z9 Sabini Black Lip 20", BFGoodrich 255/35/20 KDW 2, Eleanor front grille, Cervinis 2.5 cowl hood, clear corner/rear side marker lenses w/stealth bulbs, sequential tail lights.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Unfortunately a good portion of the general population are morons. Just look at the people who actively bid on empty Xbox boxes and pieces of toast that claim to display the image of the Virgin Mary.
Yeah, I will never just eat my pretzels anymore! I always check to see if perhaps they are the spittin' image of the Virgin Mary or something.

What'd the last one sell for? $300K?

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Caveat emptor (Latin for "close your eyes and open your mouth")

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page