Totalled Mustang Shelby GT-500 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member

That would be funny if someone paid MSRP for it. LOL

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I feel for the fool who wrecked it...for it is likely he did not pay MSRP for the car to begin with, probably close to $20K-$25K over MSRP. I wonder how his insurance is handling this? Like Are they going to pay it off or pay the Bluebook value? I hate to be in his shooes right about now.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123 View Post
That would be funny if someone paid MSRP for it. LOL
Insurance company would make it a "salvaged title" car, which would destroy its value as a collectable, but whoever got it could, with effort, create a car with that title that featured everything a GT500 should have.

But yes, the parts (if intact) from the car will be quite valuable. Check with a dealer and see how much a complete crate motor including ALL accessories, matching tranny and shifter, rear end complete with braking systems, costs. I bet the list of parts and interior bits, if purchased via the dealer system, would be MORE than the MSRP on the car!

Odd to think about it that way, but that wreck is probably going for over $20,000 as is - maybe even $30,000.

Not to me, of course. But if they hold an auction, it might be interesting to find out.

tripleblack

"You can never be free until you let yourself go."

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Shoes

I'm with you. I also suspect his left leg is in a cast right now, if he's still among the living. That abrupt stop might have driven his head into the a pillar.

As for how they would value it, that's a good question - and one the owner needs to sort out with the insurance folks ahead of time. I know that the collector car people understand market value (and setting that price is often a function of appraisal with them). But just running it as a "mustang" through most insurance companies gets you into a computation that will kill the purchaser. Quite a hit, to see the $70,000 car you just bought valued at $35,000 when totaled!

Another interesting tid bit if we can find it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey View Post
I feel for the fool who wrecked it...for it is likely he did not pay MSRP for the car to begin with, probably close to $20K-$25K over MSRP. I wonder how his insurance is handling this? Like Are they going to pay it off or pay the Bluebook value? I hate to be in his shooes right about now.

tripleblack

PONY Member
S197 Member

this is the third toatled one i saw the first was on the site it was orange with wite stripes,the second one was going to work in jesey a red one with no stripes and this is the third one. ethier the handleing sucks or too much power for the car

2005 gt mods include c&L intake,steed ud pullies, violator x pipe w/flowmaster mufflers,hurst shifter,custom tune by evolution motorsports.
319 hp 333 tq rearwheel!!
aperance mods include. xeon side scoops with louvers,classic chin spoiler,shaker hood scoop,18x10 rear and 17x9 front wheels.painted stripes!
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I started the bid at $5000 and was immediately outbid.

I figure it will go in the $17-18000 range

[email protected] 117 MPH
2.6 Metco Pulley, Jlt CAI, John Lund Tune, Long tube headers, McLeod clutch, Alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, BMR relocation brackets, lca's and adjustable upper arm, 255/50/16 MT drag radials.
Still no traction......
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzostang4 View Post
this is the third toatled one i saw the first was on the site it was orange with wite stripes,the second one was going to work in jesey a red one with no stripes and this is the third one. ethier the handleing sucks or too much power for the car

Too much power for the DRIVER, is what it looks like. I've driven one, and it was a good handler and easy to drive fast.

tripleblack

BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zmanm3
Sad to see that happen to a nice car. When I got my 05 the dealer was telling me about a kid who's father bought him a GT, he had it for 3 weeks before he totaled it.

05 - Zeon body kit, Saleen S/C, 3.6" pully, 90mm MAF, L/T Heders, Catted X-Pipe, Saleen Race Craft suspension, Axel brace, Pan hard bar. More to come this spring from my friends at PMP and Larry H.
65 - Street force coil over front suspension, Wilwood disk breaks at all 4 wheels, More construction in progress! More to come this spring from Simons Auto & Restoration!

A Sad Sight Indeed

Has anyone found out what really happened? Did the driver get badly hurt, was it a slide into a curb and onto a pole as it seems the damage done on impact is like it hit on an angle. Windshield broken by the hood/fender, not a head as far as you can tell. It's the kind of accident that would generate a news article with picture in a paper or on TV. Expensive car, 1,300 miles, excessive speed. They love that kind of story. Where did it happen and when? Anyone know??? Be nice to know if driver OK or if injured how badly. It does not look like a 50 mph crash. Seems higher to my eye. Tough to see outcome and no details. They are too expensive to waste like this.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

That is truly Sad.
I hope a couple of things;
1. The driver is OK.
2. The insurance company covers the difference between MSRP and what the driver most likely paid for the vehicle.

It definitely looks like they slid while making a right turn, probably on ice. I thought at first they got T-boned, but the impact seems too localized. If it were a vehicle, the impact area would be wider.

I'd bet the other posts were right in that the engine is probably not in bad shape.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

The auction listing shows Actual Cash Value @ $55,000

I was shocked! I have never seen a AVC listed for more than sticker.

2.6 Metco Pulley, Jlt CAI, John Lund Tune, Long tube headers, McLeod clutch, Alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, BMR relocation brackets, lca's and adjustable upper arm, 255/50/16 MT drag radials.
Still no traction......
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

$55k wreck

$55000 for a total is ridiculous, of course. There are nice used GT500's on ebay going for that (or a bit more - lots with few miles are listing out in the low 60's). $55k is STILL $10k more than MSRP, but a far cry from the 75k some are still seeking.

I couldn't find the auction - can you post a link?

tripleblack

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblack View Post
$55000 for a total is ridiculous, of course. There are nice used GT500's on ebay going for that (or a bit more - lots with few miles are listing out in the low 60's). $55k is STILL $10k more than MSRP, but a far cry from the 75k some are still seeking.

I couldn't find the auction - can you post a link?
ACV is what the insurance co. paid the owner. It is a dealer only auction. Sometimes they also show up on ridesafely.com This car was just listed today. It won't actually sell until Jan 30th. So in a few days it will probably be on ridesafely.com.

Still no traction......
PONY Member
S197 Member

thats why you buy the gap insurance becasue the insurance company will only pay msrp if they didnt buy the additional insurance there screwed

2005 gt mods include c&L intake,steed ud pullies, violator x pipe w/flowmaster mufflers,hurst shifter,custom tune by evolution motorsports.
319 hp 333 tq rearwheel!!
aperance mods include. xeon side scoops with louvers,classic chin spoiler,shaker hood scoop,18x10 rear and 17x9 front wheels.painted stripes!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
yah, that definately made me sad... lol.. : (.. such a beautiful car, well it was atleast..

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page