2007 Shelby GT500 pricing - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

The Z06 is also going 20-25K over sticker as well. The Ford dealer on Staten Island laughed when I walked in and said to start at 20 K over sticker.

Here is a question? If the car gets stolen or destroyed, will insurance cover the 20 k over sticker?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pg3ibew View Post
The Z06 is also going 20-25K over sticker as well. The Ford dealer on Staten Island laughed when I walked in and said to start at 20 K over sticker.

Here is a question? If the car gets stolen or destroyed, will insurance cover the 20 k over sticker?
Yeah, so long as you were smart and got gap insurance that covers the total financed amount. I do that on any car I purchase.

For those blessed people who can buy one of these things outright, I am not sure how it works. But if you can fork over 70k in cash, you can probably afford to replace it when it gets destroyed anyway. I am pretty sure the insurance company would have to bite the bullet though, if the car was destroyed.

Even if the Z06 is being jacked up 20k, it is still a great bargain. For under 100k you can have a car that would only be beaten by something like an Enzo, or a Saleen S7. Even there, the margin isn't that great. 250K performance for less than half of that.

As far as style and looks and personality though, the vette is dog boring. I swear my stang turns more heads than a vette does, where as something like an S7 would truly make every head turn as you drove by. The shock value makes it worth a lot more I guess.

Anyway, the Roush cars are a better deal IMHO.

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Most insurance policies offer, for an additional fee of course, replacement value. If you have that on your policy, even if you paid cash and your car was destroyed, the insurance has to replace the car...whatever cost. There have actually been lawsuits on this issue. If the policy is replacement...the insurance company will pay.

MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Scanner View Post
As far as style and looks and personality though, the vette is dog boring. I swear my stang turns more heads than a vette does
Uh huh... Pull up at a High School with a Z06 and see where the kids start looking :hihi:

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
S197 Member

I don't think the average person knows one corvette made in the last several years from another. The overall look is about the same, that is what I am talking about.
4.6L Member
S197 Member

i paid right around 68K for mine, but it was well worth the investment
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LBITE View Post
i paid right around 68K for mine, but it was well worth the investment
Your pretty serious about horsepower ehh...

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by $teve View Post
Your pretty serious about horsepower ehh...
yes i am pretty serious about it
PONY Member
S197 Member

Wow.....what a stable! I can't imagine driving any of those, much less owning ALL of them. Good Lord.

Are you adopting?

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
4.6L Member
S197 Member

yeah, they're pretty fun, i'm known in the neighborhood as "the car guy", it's just one of those things if i want something i'm gonna' get it

[quote=Phoenix Scanner;638729]

Well, guess what, a Z06 lists at 70K, and then you are talking about a lightweight 500HP car, with race quality handling, that can hang with OR BEAT quarter million dollar supercars around a race course.

Bring it! (to the 1/4 mile that is)
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Id like to know how many 1/4 mile racers have tried a road course.
A road course makes the 1/4 mile a Sunday drive. Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy the 1/4 mile, but a road course is so much more fun and you get a much better idea what your car is all about.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I noticed the dealership where I purchased my Mustang last August is selling a Shelby GT500 for a little under $60,000. That's the lowest I've seen and hopefully a sign that demand in the market is coming down.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page