Here We Go, GT500 Conversion Pics - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Here We Go, GT500 Conversion Pics

I picked up my car from the dealer about 2 hours ago...I just couldn't bare to stay away from her any longer. I have to say I am more excited now, than when I signed the papers to get her back in August. This has really turned my v6 into a looker. Matter of fact a lady in a Windveil GT almost rear ended some guy because she was more focused on looking at my front end instead of looking at the traffic in front of her. I would have felt bad if that had happened. I've decided I'm going to pick up some GT Satin Silver take-off rockers to replace the v6s as soon as possible. I just don't think the side flows the want I wanted it to since the dealer didn't paint the rear fascia to my specs.

Dual exhaust is getting ordered tonight (hopefully) just gotta decide if I should do true duals, y-setup, h-setup, x-setup, magnaflow, flowmasters....as you see I'm going to need some serious help on this.

Whenever I go back in to get my stripes painted, the radiator support (I think that's it) will get painted black so that every flows a little better.

The stock hood just adds a bit of edginess to the kit and I prefer it to the GT500 hood and while I'm still considering an aftermarket hood. the chances of me changing hoods has gotten a little smaller.

I'm not sure if I'm going to lower the car. With the kit and the chin spoiler, it sits pretty low as it is. I would love to eliminate some of the wheel gap but I'm afraid if I lower it (1" in the front and 1.5" in the rear) that I might have clearence issues with certain places, including my driveway so I might just go with bigger wheels and tires for now and see how that works out.

Total cost (including parts & labor) was a little over $3500.00 but in my opinion well worth it.
:punchballs: But without further ado, here are my pics. :punchballs:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000180.JPG
Views:	968
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	25667   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000181.JPG
Views:	1064
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	25668   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000183.JPG
Views:	1124
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	25669   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000184.JPG
Views:	1225
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	25670   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000185.JPG
Views:	1109
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	25671  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000188.JPG
Views:	2326
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	25672   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000189.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	25673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000190.JPG
Views:	578
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	25674   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000191.JPG
Views:	1320
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	25675  

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

you have to order all the badging and get the dual stripes and ducktail gt 500 spoiler It looks awsome though.

2007 grabber orange mustang gt prem 5 speed automatic, interior upgrade package, sirus satelite radio, slp loudmouths, , 14 inch shorty antenna, 18x9 afs machined black mach1 wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, saleen heritage rear spoiler. Agent 47 retro mirriors, bmr strut tower brace, jagger brothers splash guards. Custom painted stripes , kooks 1 5/8 long tube headers, kooks catted h pipe, steeda delete plates, c&l racer intake.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
MACH I Member
S197 Member

looks great!! I would definitely be thinking about custom wheels. from the front it looks mean as heck! and from the side it still has the stocker wheels. know what I mean?

you have a beautiful stang!

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Great job... Congrats!

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

I would put the cobra in the grill and get the snake emblem that goes on the back and for exhaust go with h pipe with axlebacl slp loudmouth exhaust on it if its possible to configure a v6 like that many of us gt people have slp loudmouth axlebacks and they sound awsome My car sounds way better than a stock gt 500.

2007 grabber orange mustang gt prem 5 speed automatic, interior upgrade package, sirus satelite radio, slp loudmouths, , 14 inch shorty antenna, 18x9 afs machined black mach1 wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, saleen heritage rear spoiler. Agent 47 retro mirriors, bmr strut tower brace, jagger brothers splash guards. Custom painted stripes , kooks 1 5/8 long tube headers, kooks catted h pipe, steeda delete plates, c&l racer intake.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The wheels are going to get replaced soon enough. I'm going for 18" Mach 1 replicas that are a two-tone silver & black combination. I loved those from the first day I saw them and the only way I wouldn't do those was if I pulled the trigger on black bullitts.

The only badging I'm putting on the front is a running horse emblem. I said from the beginning that I wouldn't put any Shelby, Cobra or GT500 badging on the car and I plan for it to stay that way. I want my car to be a clone even a tribute if I dared go that far but not a poser that can't back up what I would proclaim it to be if I put on those type of badges. I have a tribar running pony badge that I was going to put dead center but unfortunately the center of the grille is curved slightly so the emblem won't sit flush...but it's too big to be offset (it's the emblem from the pony package Mustangs of +2005) so I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I really want a running horse emblem similar to the one found on the stock v6 but I haven't had any luck finding any places that sell them. If someone could direct to a website that would have it, I would greatly appreciate it.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

your car is def the nicest v6 ive seen I think it came out perfect Im sure there is more stuff you want to do on it, its not hard to blow money on these cars but there worth it. Thats why I love mustangs there is so much you can do with them it just takes money I got to pay off my latest upgrades of my credit card before i do anything else. i probley will just get some dress up items for the engine compartment.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
and you get the perks of a V6, better mileage being one of them

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Looks beautiful in that color! Really looks clean with the stock hood too.

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Really looks good....congrats. What color stripes you going for? Did you say your going to get rid of the mustang strip on the sides?

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
MACH I Member
S197 Member

That looks pretty nice. And the price doesn't seem too bad. I'll bet you get a lot of looks with it.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I had planned to get rid of the side stripes (still do) and have them painted at the dealer but since I am on a budget (and the dealership wouldn't give me an estimate on the labor and part costs they had to buy) I didn't want to risk going over budget as there are other things I want to get done to the car that I consider priority. I just decided to have the +2007 Mustang side tape installed (as a short term option) instead of getting them painted. The insurance adjuster included them in the price of my estimate (instead of the 2005/2006 Mustang side tape) so I just decided to upgrade. I got both sides for the price of one so I think I lucked out. In the future, I plan to have Sonic Blue stripes added to the car and Sonic Blue stripes on the sides to replace the Mustang side taping. I just can't see myself riding around in the car without the side tape...got too used to it.

Snackmaster

I really respect that you're not badiging it up. I think what you've done is awesome and tasteful. You're getting the "spirit" of the Shelby without trying to be one.

Spend... spend!!!

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
yah, id have to say, thats one nice V6 man! its soo clean.. it was definately done right.. and the best part is, ur not making it a wannabe.. ur not badging it like a shelby.. cause id have to say thats not cool.. lol cause then itll make it look bad considering when u take off at a light or race someone.. u dnt have that 500hp to back it up.

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
Rookie

They look great, now you just need a 5.4 crate engine!

2008 Shelby GT 500 - Vista Blue w/ white stripes
Took delivery Oct 30, 2007, C&L Intake, 2.6" pulley with idler, Ford Racing (Borla) axel back stingers.
Evo tune & Dyno...560 RWHP / 570 RWTQ

1970 Mach I - 351C 4V, .040 over, FMX
Ground up restoration - work in progress - ETA 06/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page