GT500KR Returns - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

The hood is not my style. I know it's a computer image, but those wheels I don't think are my style either. I do admit it deffinitly does look like a KR though.

2005 Ford Mustang GT *Black Sunshine*
Current Mods: head & taillight covers, red tri-bar pony floor mats, sequential tail lights, chrome skull & flame pedals, red wire covers, underhood billet caps/covers
1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertable *White Lightning*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

C5D
Apprentice
S197 Member

Didn't the original GT500KR have those somewhat "ridiculous" seatbelts? I wonder if the new one will have them too.

'06 Clearcoat Black/Dark Charcoal Leather/Parchment Vinyl Top.
C&L CAI, BrenSpeed Tune, Pro5.0 Shifter, Steeda Sport Springs, Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks, Eibach Caster Camber Bolts
EPA Estimates say 17/25...so why am I getting only 13? Oh...wait...nevermind.

I think that car looks great. Of course, coming from GM land, i love ram-air setups. Be great if that is functional.

2008 Gt500kr!!!!!!!

Maybe they do listen to us little folks. Check out www.shelbyautos.com
S197 Member

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

With the price I think the Shelby GT500KR might go for, I much rather just save my money (if I had it) and get the Chevrolet Corvette supercar (nicknamed Blue Devil?) that's supposed to be coming out in a year or so pushing over 600 (or more) horsepower, as I'm sure it would outperform the this rendition of the GT500. Sure it will be pushing almost $100,000 but I would rather spend that money on a more true performance vehicle than something that should be pure performance...not one that's done half-arse and getting by on the fact it has six little letters attached to the trunk.

Just my .02

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.

Shelby hood latches

I like the old school shelby hood latches - I put them on my '05 two years ago when the hood started to dance at 100 mph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2868b.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	760.6 KB
ID:	25740  
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash-GT View Post
i see someone merged the threads
S197 Member

WOW! That is ONE gorgeous mustang! I've always wanted a KR... Probably about 8 or 9 years back, the originals were selling for about $40K... I guess there's always the Lotto... Too bad, this one's probably a regular GT500 with a different muffler, a K&N filter, and a tune... just like the Hertz... Wish Ford/Shelby would do something more creative, like a different intake manifold or a different cam, or bigger heads... or all three...
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8 View Post
I am sure someone's daddy will buy it for their little prince because he is such a good kid. Yes, he is only 17, but he so smart and mature and he listens to his mother. I want him to have more than I had.
Than there will be a "problem" and the tune will change to "do you think he was too young for that kind of a car?"
Haha, I'm just wondering where all that came from... wasn't this thread about the KR? BTW, the car is SWEET!

Korey

*1998 Ford Contour SVT* EH 2.5L Duratec v6
Stock as can be, just trying to reverse the damage the previous owner caused.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Was this the car that Ford unveiled at the Barrett-Jackson auction this weekend? I saw a little bit of it on Speed and they were making a big deal about some new car that Ford was supposed to unveil on Saturday. I didn't see what it was, but you could tell even with the cover on the car that it was some type of Mustang.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Thats one beautiful car.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
V6 Member

kr

I saw that car also, they showed the Car Cover with a FORD logo in big letters on a blue cover, but right before they said what it was NASCAR went on and I had a fit. : (
I hope that the car was really the KR, I like the metal look rather than the plasticy look.

Off topic, but I am saving now for either upgrades to my 2006 v6 in 3 years after warranty or I will use the money toward saving for a 2010 mustang gt since from what I have seen in concepts will look SICK.

My dads friend just bought an orange convertible gt500 , black 350 and he is willing to spend the money only if the KR is the same as the picture we have all seen, otherwise he is buying the 2008 boss . I am hoping it was the KR, otherwise under that cover could have been the unveiling of the2010 mustang gt concept car.
I bet my dads friend is kicking himself right now saying "If only I had waited a year longer" lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page