NEw 2008/2009 Shelby GT500KR - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
NEw 2008/2009 Shelby GT500KR

Have any of you seen the June edition of Motor Trend? The new 2008/2009 Shelby GT500KR is the featured vehicle...man does it look sharp. Comes stock with 540+HP and it has a wicked cool hood. I am tempted to buy one. The MSRP is estimated at $53K, then add $25K for dealer markup. According to to the article, even a Z06 will be sweating a bit. Just thought I would share this spectacular ride with you. I will see if I can upload a pic of the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007

That hood is cool. Looks like the original King of the Road.:punchballs:

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007

Here it is 2008 GT500KR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustanggt500kr450_03.jpg
Views:	35420
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	27002  

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007
S197 Member

Isn't it amazing how they (Ford/SVT/Shelby) can come out with a new car that's suped up more than the one the year before ???

I would think with an even smaller, limited prodcution run of 1,000 vehicles like it says in the article. The dealer markup for these will be higher.

On the flip side, the GT500 markup may come down a little.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEH362 View Post
Isn't it amazing how they (Ford/SVT/Shelby) can come out with a new car that's suped up more than the one the year before ???

I would think with an even smaller, limited prodcution run of 1,000 vehicles like it says in the article. The dealer markup for these will be higher.

On the flip side, the GT500 markup may come down a little.
I am not sure dealers will relax their ridiculous markups on the current GT500 soon...I just went to my local dealer to inquire about getting therm to sponsor me for some upcoming car shows (since I bought my Stang from them). While there, I noticed a GT500 on the showroom floor...they are asking for $29,999 markup, for a total of $75K when you can regularly get these cars for $60K-$65K anywhere, and occassionally for as low as $55K-$58K.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ya know, on these GT500s i saw one today at a car show and was NOT impressed at all. Sure the engine bay was nice but i'll telll you what the vinyl stripes on em look like crap. Noticed on the rear spoiler it looks like they didnt run the stripe all the way around the spoiler and then put a couple of "bandaids" on it to cover it up. I sure would hate to spend that kind of money and it not be painted stripes or AT LEAST a decent vinyl job. Absolutely turned my stomach but you all know how i am about vinyl........next to it was a 427R that was the same Redfire,looked real nice,nicer job on it than the GT500 for sure. Guess maybe im too picky but hec if im gonna spend that kinda dough you can bet your bottom dollar that i AM gonna be picky! The GT500 was Torch red w/ white stripes. Brent

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtretroredfire View Post
Ya know, on these GT500s i saw one today at a car show and was NOT impressed at all. Sure the engine bay was nice but i'll telll you what the vinyl stripes on em look like crap. Noticed on the rear spoiler it looks like they didnt run the stripe all the way around the spoiler and then put a couple of "bandaids" on it to cover it up. I sure would hate to spend that kind of money and it not be painted stripes or AT LEAST a decent vinyl job. Absolutely turned my stomach but you all know how i am about vinyl........next to it was a 427R that was the same Redfire,looked real nice,nicer job on it than the GT500 for sure. Guess maybe im too picky but hec if im gonna spend that kinda dough you can bet your bottom dollar that i AM gonna be picky! The GT500 was Torch red w/ white stripes. Brent
I agree with you. To me (besides the engine and 6 sp tranny) it is not impressive at all in looks, especially for that kind of money.
I think this KR will be pissing a lot of GT500 owners off, I know it would piss me off, especially if you purchased it for a long term collection.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page