New forum for GT500 owners - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

:kooky:I just purchased a 2011 GT500 after waiting 22 weeks after ordering a 2012 GT I came a cross an amazing deal with one that had 1200 miles on it. I love it!

Whitney A.K.A Mustang Sally

2011 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

2012 On Order

Just yesterday, I ordered a 2012 kona blue/white stripes with nav (but no svt handling package--I prefer the "standard" wheels and the "standard" stripes. God knows when Ford will actually build the thing. I'm guessing it will arrive in late summer.

I live in the desert Southwest, and I think adding an aftermarket rear window louvre thingee (in addition to the 1/4 window louvres) will not only be practical for those 115+ days, but also look retro and cool. But what is your opinion on what color those louvres ought to be? Black? Kona blue? It seems to me the stripes have got to be interrupted for the window louvres . . . so doesn't black seem more fitting? If so, what color are the 1/4 window louvres?

Thanks for you opinions!

Rookie

I feel the same way about the Shelby. I just ordered, the day before yesterday, a new 2012. It's not the fastest car in the world, it's not the most expensive or the least expensive. So why do people pick on it? Because it has attittude, that unmistakable Mustang attitude, and is the best of the Mustangs. Enjoy your ride; I know I will.

Rookie

mysnake. Hello. Its great to hear all the good comments about the GT 500. I have a 2008 Red Convt. We enter it in several car shows and have done pretty well so far. I belong to a club with about 140 members. We have about twelve Gt 500's in our club along with two Super Snakes and two Ford GT's, and the rest is all great old and new mustangs
Our club president also ownes a mustang performance shop which gives usl an oportunity to upgrade our cars if you can afford it. Looking forward to learning from all of you.
mysnake
Apprentice

I just bought mine the other day. It's a 2011 GT500 SVTPP and Electronics package in Convertible trim black on black.

Does anyone know if there is a registry? I'd like to know how many black on black with this options package exhist. I will say compared to my 2005 Turbo GT this is night and day(see sig). To think I litterly payed twice as much to have this car. And I think it's worth every penny. It's Night and day. To be honest I'm having trouble sleeping at night because I'm constantly thinking about the car before I go to bed lol. I think I have other issues lol. This car is very quite inside hardly any road noise and has most of the technology found on many high end luxury cars not to mention it's pretty quick. I have to say summer tires dont do well in the cooler weather though that is unless you like getting the car sideways everytime you punch it in first :-)

Power House Turbo, SCT-X-Cal2, Diablo MAFia, CDC Shaker, CDC Aggressive Front Chin, 3DCarbon Grill, CHE UCA, LCA, Kmember Brace, SPEC 3+ LPP option, AEM Wide band and Electronic Boost Controler, SOS Piller Pod.

523RWHP 563RWTQ DynoTune by [email protected]
Rookie

Thumbs up New Owner Here

I purchased a 2012 GT500 white with stripe delete SVTPP on Z plan.
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I've had my 2012 GT500 (Black SVTPP, Stripe Delete) for about 5 months now and can honestly still say it's been money well spent. I may not be saying that when the ridiculous 2013 model arrives, though !! I was surprised that it gets 20-21 MPG on the highway compared to only around 12-13 in town...but that's because it's so nice to punch it between lights! I'll try to find some pics to post.
Rookie

Hey All - New to the Forum but not the wonderful world of Mustangs. I just purchased a 2013 GT500 Hardtop and have a 2011 GT500 Vert as well as a 2013 Roush RS3 Vert. Just sold a 2012 Roush RS3 and a 2011 Roush RS2, also previously had a 2011 GT500 which now belongs to a member on this forum. Got away from the Mustang world for a short time and had a couple of Vette's, M3, CTS-V and a few others. Also in the process of building a 1967 Camaro Restomod with a full Art Morrison Chassis, Rack & Pinion, 6 speed Tremec, 6 piston front and 4 piston rear Wilwood brakes and a bunch of other good stuff. With any luck it will be done in the next few months. It just rolled into the paint booth on Thursday. Anyway, I missed the Stangs and I am glad to be back with the best car out there IMO and I have had a bunch but in my mind nothing could take away the love I have for my Mustangs.

2013 Shelby GT500 | 2013 Roush RS3 Vert | 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert | GONE: 2012 Roush RS3 & 2011 Roush RS2 & Shelby GT500 & 2010 Roush 427R & 2009 Roush 427R
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Ok, people are saying the GT500 is heavy and doesn't handle. I was just cruisin in northern california, enjoying the 199 though the redwoods and I blew the doors off an M3. Yes, that was though so amazing cruves. I love my ride and I drive it every chance I get. I even like the goodyears. Maybe I'm crazy...

2012 GT500
Grabber Blue
SVTPP
Nav
Rookie

My '13 Shelby GT500 is a formidable beast! I got this HPW/SD SVTPP/TP on 7/9/12 & have nearly 2k miles on it. It has the Shaker Pro & Recaros. I have tried LC 3 times now on the stock tires, WOW! I do need more traction, but power is great enough (only for now I've heard)!

To my new Shelby I have added rear floor mats, a trunk cargo net, front wheel well stone guards, hood struts, a JLT CC/OS, and a flip key. Coming soon is a shorty antenna!
Rookie

Just joined the forum, glad I found this section!

**Selling a complete 2011 GT500 Longblock and 6sp <acronym title="transmission">Tranny</acronym>, PM me for details **
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440sprint View Post
My '13 Shelby GT500 is a formidable beast! I got this HPW/SD SVTPP/TP on 7/9/12 & have nearly 2k miles on it. It has the Shaker Pro & Recaros. I have tried LC 3 times now on the stock tires, WOW! I do need more traction, but power is great enough (only for now I've heard)!

To my new Shelby I have added rear floor mats, a trunk cargo net, front wheel well stone guards, hood struts, a JLT CC/OS, and a flip key. Coming soon is a shorty antenna!
Did you get an SVT flip key or the Ford one?

Active Duty Air Force
Stationed in Oklahoma

2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible -- Red Candy Metallic w/ Black Stripes and All Options (built 2 Aug 2012 and delivered 26 Sep 2012)
2008 ISF -- Ultrasonic Blue (sold)
1967 Firebird 400/4 Speed Convertible -- Plum Mist w/ Black Top
Rookie

I agree. I just picked up a 2010 GT500 Grapper Blue and I am thrilled with it. I'm 46 years old and am not concerned if a Camaro SS 1LE can do a 0-60 0.2 seconds faster or if blah blah blah. I got this car because I liked it, and even as a daily driver, I think it will last a long, long time as I plan on leaving it stock and maintaining it. My ex-gf totaled my new (at the time) 2011 GT, and although it was a good car I like this one a lot more. People, get the damn thing out of your garage and drive it. It will take decades to see a major investment return if there even is one.
Rookie

Im new to the Gt 500 deal got my 13 a couple of weeks ago. this is probably a dumb question but what is the deal with a flip key?

2006 GT Screamin Yellow. Kooks, JPC, RGR,Comp Cams, FRPP 4.10 gears, Bassani, TCI, Kaenen, Roush, Metco, BMR, Strange, Paint work and Modifications.

2013 GT 500. Sterling Gray, Recaros
Rookie

Hi everyone found our GT500 forum. There doesn't see to be too much happening here... With any luck it will pickup
I ordered my 2014 GT500 in late feb.or early mar.
Really looking foreword to driving her this summer.
Does any one know if a grille from one of the early years will fit in 2014 because I'll need some kind of protection from rocks and such from hitting the radiator and intercooler.
Thanks Deane

2014 GT500 SoftTop, DIB W/White Le Mans, SVTPP, Reg. Seats,Electronics pkg W/Nav, Shaker Pro, Car Cover,Accessories Custom Car Grill, Painted Shelby Hood Struts,LED Fog Lights, Lloyd Mats GT500 Circle 5pce Floor/Trunk Mat set,Shelby personalized door sill plates.Backup Camera.*JLT 127mm CF CAI,Clear Bra for the Hood, Fenders, Bumper, Bottom of Doors,Head Lights (Blue tint), Fog Lights, Mirrors, Rockers,A Pillars and above Windshield . FRPP strut brace, Shelby Gt500 Oil separators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page