Contacts: Scott Black
Shelby Automobiles, Inc.
(214) 520-3430 [email protected] www.timepiecepr.com
SHELBY AUTOS ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR
FIRE-BREATHING GT500 SUPER SNAKE PACKAGE
Prototype Super Snake Package to appear at Mid-America Meet
Las Vegas – June 7, 2007 – Executives with Shelby Automobiles™ have announced that the company will transform consumer owned 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes for only US$27,995.00. Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas.
“The Ford Shelby GT500 is fast, but hard core enthusiasts asked us for a way make their Shelby a more aggressive, balanced performing track car,” said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby Automobiles. “Thanks to our partnership with Ford Racing, our Super Snake package will make their stock Shelby GT500 one of the most balanced, fastest, most fearsome muscle cars in the world. I’m going to hunt Vipers and Corvettes with mine”
Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Each car modified at the Las Vegas Shelby Automobiles facility will be documented and receive a special serial number.
A GT500 with the first Super Snake package will be on display at the Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Okla. Headquartered at the Tulsa Marriott, the event includes a broad range of activities including drag racing, cruise night, road racing exhibitions, a car show and banquet.
“I’m excited to debut our new Super Snake package for the enthusiasts at the Mid-America Ford and Performance Meet,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “They’ll be the first to see this amazing car with world-class capabilities. When combined with the MSRP of a GT500, this upgrade is far less expensive than the price of any other car with even close to the Super Snake’s power. No one can touch the performance, exclusivity and heritage of this post title Shelby package.”
Shelby Announces Pricing for Super Snake Package (2/2)
The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:
• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available
• 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option
• Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle
• Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
• Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps
• Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around
• Front and rear brake cooling ducts
• Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels
• Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops
• Super Snake exclusive striping
• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges
• Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure
• Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components
• Official Shelby CSM dash plate
Though the complete Super Snake package will be available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles, many of the products comprising the package will also be available from Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing beginning in late June 2007. Anyone interested in transforming their Shelby GT500 into one of these rare supercars should contact John Walker at the Las Vegas factory at (702) 942-7325.
About Shelby Automobiles, Inc.
Founded by legend Carroll Shelby, Shelby Automobiles, Inc., manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company manufactures authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. The company has partnered with Ford Motor Company to build the Shelby GT, Shelby GT500 and Shelby GT-H, which are based on the current Mustang. For more information about Shelby Automobiles, visit www.shelbyautos.com