GT500 quarter mile times? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I was reading on edmunds, and supposedly when they did the "full test" on the gt500, they could only make a 13.4 pass and a trap speed of 108. They contacted ford who told them that approximately 3,500 gt500's possibly have defects. they blame it on a delaminating air filter. ford later gave the exact gt500 back to edmunds with a proper filter and it made a pass of 12.82 at 113 mph. also with the proper filter it gained 16rwhp. so if ya have one... check it out. it could be a defect. dyno it.

"There is no replacement, for cubic displacement"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

this is pretty bad numbers i thought they would run faster i have a 08 bullitt and from what i found the best stock time they have run with the bullitt is 13.1 on streets and 12.9 on slicks and that was on a stock car what gives

08 BULLITT
95 MUSTANG-CARBURATED 331 DSS RACING STROKER,ALL FORGED,EDELBROCK ALUM. HEADS WITH 2.08/1.96 VALVES DOUBLE COIL SPRINGS AND HARLAND SHARP ROLLER ROCKERS,COMPLETE MSD IGNITION SYSTEM,LONG TUBES WITH DUEL 3 INCH EXHAUST WITH X PIPE,BUILT WORLD CLASS T5 WITH KING COBRA CLUTCH,COMPLETE COBRA REAR END SWAP WITH 4.10 GEARS AND MOSER AXLES,BBK CONTROL ARMS,SWAY BARS, AND SPRINGS,BILSTEN YELLOW SHOCKS,ALL GOOD FOR 392RWHP AND 11.96 AT 110.61 ON SLICKS
Rookie
S197 Member

all i know is a couple weeks back we were down @ Firebird raceway in Az (Friday night drags) and I ran down 2 different real GT500 (mines a replica and was getting BS from both until I beat them). One was stock and ran i believe a 13.34/13.41 and the other was modded..intake exhaust, programmer, pulley and he mad only one with me at 13.2 and then a 14.74 later on smoking the tires half way down the track...lol they both seemed new to racing and i think stock tires dont do them justice. I'm just running Nitto NT555's on my 20's and even I managed a 15.1 3/4 track burnout..lol, it was pretty funny almost being beat by a v6 stang...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page