'10 GT500 tire size options - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

'10 GT500 tire size options

Hey everyone I'm finding choosing tires to be quite the conundrum for my 10 Shelby. I'm not sold on keeping the staggered stock setup either. I wouldn't mind being able to rotate as well. I've been researching for a few days and it's difficult to understand what setups do and don't work with so many opinions out there. So my question is this since I believe it will work. The only option I see for 284/40-18 AS on Tirerack is Michelin but is on backorder.

275/40-18 all the way around on stock 10 convertible wheels. I believe they shall fit and I don't care about dropping 10mm in the back. Will there be any rubbing issues up front? How will it affect steering as I have read some opinions that Ford atock suspension was designed for the 255/285 setup. Will the cars stance be OK with 275s all the way around, no rake any which way frontward or backward? Lastly how badly will it alter my speedo?

Second option which again I'm not opposed to is keeping the 255/45-18s in front and going 275/40-18s out back. Reason for this is I drive in winter but not snow, and really like the price and reviews on the BFG G Force comp 2 A/S. They make them in 255 and 275 but not stock 285 out back. I wouldn't mind the Continental extremecontact DWS as alot of Shelby guys seem to like both the DW and DWS but again they only make the DW in 285 but they do have the DWS in 275/40-18. So the question with this setup would be again the speedo being altered and more importantly how badly would it affect the rack/stance of the car? I don't want my Shelby sagging in the back vs the front.

Thanks for any help or input everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
Hey everyone I'm finding choosing tires to be quite the conundrum for my 10 Shelby. I'm not sold on keeping the staggered stock setup either. I wouldn't mind being able to rotate as well. I've been researching for a few days and it's difficult to understand what setups do and don't work with so many opinions out there. So my question is this since I believe it will work. The only option I see for 284/40-18 AS on Tirerack is Michelin but is on backorder.

275/40-18 all the way around on stock 10 convertible wheels. I believe they shall fit and I don't care about dropping 10mm in the back. Will there be any rubbing issues up front? How will it affect steering as I have read some opinions that Ford atock suspension was designed for the 255/285 setup. Will the cars stance be OK with 275s all the way around, no rake any which way frontward or backward? Lastly how badly will it alter my speedo?

Second option which again I'm not opposed to is keeping the 255/45-18s in front and going 275/40-18s out back. Reason for this is I drive in winter but not snow, and really like the price and reviews on the BFG G Force comp 2 A/S. They make them in 255 and 275 but not stock 285 out back. I wouldn't mind the Continental extremecontact DWS as alot of Shelby guys seem to like both the DW and DWS but again they only make the DW in 285 but they do have the DWS in 275/40-18. So the question with this setup would be again the speedo being altered and more importantly how badly would it affect the rack/stance of the car? I don't want my Shelby sagging in the back vs the front.

Thanks for any help or input everyone.
"275/40-18 all the way around on stock 10 convertible wheels. I believe they shall fit and I don't care about dropping 10mm in the back."
Youre not dropping 10 mm. 275 is the width of the tire in mm... Your dropping about 1/10th of an inch.

Are you sure you have 18 inch wheels?

255/45-18 front and 285/40-18 rear. Call Discount tire or something. They can get whatever you want. You wont see the tires on the website because they dont "stock" them but they can get them really fast. The tires i listed are the same overall height which is what you want. the 275/40-18 is shorter than the 255/45-18. The 285/40-18 in the rear will not throw your speedo off.

With the right offset on your wheel you can do 285/40-18 all around.
FRONT
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=255

REAR
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...e&rd=18&cs=285

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page