76 mustangII front chasis - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-22-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
76 mustangII front chasis

Request assistance with knowledge of the brakes from 1976 mustangII The build: 76 mustangII front, new calipers, coil over springs, rotors mikd out full strength. All new new built on the lines, new master cylinder, etc etc.
Now this is mounted under a 1936 ford sedan, master cylinder is ever so slightly above the brakes, on the frame. Certainly no room on the fire wall except engine stuff. Did have pressure valve in line to keep a constant pressure to the calipers, because of MCyl location. Have since removed the pressure valves. Here has been my delimeia, have had some vibration
, when I get back to the shop the front calipers are engaging. So much so the front wheels are very difficult to turn by hand ,mucho brake dust. I changed the breakin oil the other day and by the time i was done with the oil, they had cooled off and turnable. ?? I have installed a stiffer spring set the the brake pedal (which was fabracated) to make damn sure the pedal returns to the top of the reset after applying brakes.
At no time has the brakes not worked. just working too much,, have adjusted etc etc,
My question,,, Has anyone had trouble with calipers from 76 mustangII why would the calipers or the rotors act as if they have swelled??
Gonna drive today with the new heavier springs see what happens any corospondance of a problem liked this will be appriecated

Merry Christmas
Dobbr [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page