What do other drivers do that annoy you? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Good ones all "GT Gone". I'm guilty of a couple of them myself - but I'm a darn good driver and a nice guy:smilie

Mustangs Rock!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
2.3L Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

drive hondas...
try to race me...
talk on the phone...
rubbernecking at an accident...
take up two lanes...

there are alot more that i can't think of lol

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe 4.0 5 Speed: Daily Driver

1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 5 Speed: Winter Beater

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2.3 to 5.0 5 Speed Swap: SOLD
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSD View Post
Good ones all "GT Gone". I'm guilty of a couple of them myself - but I'm a darn good driver and a nice guy:smilie
At least you're honest man! I'm a little more forgiving when it's someone on the road with a Mustang. Anything else, hell no.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5

Rookie
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Hondas. Haha. That's funny you say that. What is it about their cult anyway. Don't get me wrong my best friend is a honda guy.

Mustangs Rock!
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

I have a couple good friends that drive Honda's too. There is honestly a Honda gene that they have...it makes them do what they do. Its something that we'll never understand, no matter how hard I try. One of my childhood friends got into Honda's. I remember a couple years ago, he picked up a pretty nice Integra that had an immaculate two tone black and blue paint job on it. Seven months later, my buddy rattlecanned it flat black and was gutting the interior. He ended up with a horrible flat black car with little to no interior that ran 14's lol. It was like being in the twilight zone to listen to him and his Honda buddies talk it up!

'04 GT: SCT 3-bank chip, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chamber 40's, Greg Weld Big n Littles, Boss Inc hood
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyboy4
People tailgating me when I'm going well over the speed limit myself, passing me, and turning in not a mile down the road.

2004 40th Anniversary GT - Sonic Blue, Daily Driver, Steeda Short-throw, SR Performance CAI, Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers
Apprentice
S197 Member

1. BMW drivers
2.The old man/lady in the passing lane doing 5 under the limit
3. guys behind you in trucks with HID's or leaving on their highbeams
4. The guy behind you that darts out just to pass you in traffic but noone else
5. Those people (usually ricers) who have their radio so loud, except there is no lyrics..just bass, that overpowers my own radio
6. SUV owners who think the road is theirs and since they are bigger they can do whatever
7. PT cruisers, Nissan Juke, Chevy HHR, Toyota Echo (the ones with unpainted bumpers), And people who let their cars rot away. I Hate being around ugly cars.
8. FWD cars with spoilers on them... you do know that actually decreases your performance right?
9. For those who live where snow is: people that cant seem to park in the parking spots anymore when there is snow on the ground..even though the lines are still visible
10. The cop that just follows you to make sure you, the one in the Mustang is not speeding while other cars pass by laughing at you.

That is all

2005 Mustang GT
Go:Whipple HO with Steeda 10 Rib, Hot Rod Cams, 1 Piece Driveshaft, Borla Catback, Aeroforce Gauges, Full Steeda suspension, MGW Shifter, Kooks LT Headers Catted X, TR6060,14' GT500 Brakes
Show: GT500 Conversion, Trucarbon Hood,Spoiler and many others, Side Scoops, Roush Vent Pods,Custom Valve Covers, 20" Saleen Extreme Rims, Kenwood Touchscreen Deck, Sequential Taillights.
HP: Enough to keep a smile on my face!
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
^ for your number 8 its not too bad of a hit on certain cars, IE. the ford fusion SEL V6 has a spoiler but it runs better than the stock 99-04 mustang V6, and has a higher output. plus it sounds pretty nice.

Another one- SUV/Truck Drivers that start coming over while they are still next to you since it wont hurt them if you get hit by them.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
^ for your number 8 its not too bad of a hit on certain cars, IE. the ford fusion SEL V6 has a spoiler but it runs better than the stock 99-04 mustang V6, and has a higher output. plus it sounds pretty nice.

Another one- SUV/Truck Drivers that start coming over while they are still next to you since it wont hurt them if you get hit by them.
This is true. I was going more for the huge ones. For example, there is a guy with a Jetta here that has a huge wing on the back, It looks like he could win arguments with pilots as to who has the bigger wing

2005 Mustang GT
Go:Whipple HO with Steeda 10 Rib, Hot Rod Cams, 1 Piece Driveshaft, Borla Catback, Aeroforce Gauges, Full Steeda suspension, MGW Shifter, Kooks LT Headers Catted X, TR6060,14' GT500 Brakes
Show: GT500 Conversion, Trucarbon Hood,Spoiler and many others, Side Scoops, Roush Vent Pods,Custom Valve Covers, 20" Saleen Extreme Rims, Kenwood Touchscreen Deck, Sequential Taillights.
MACH I Member
V6 Member

oh those, yeah the ricer wings are pointless unless you have enough power to need them, its like when they put spoilers on the hood, yeah its weight and a tiny bit of down force but you dont need it.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by four6trix View Post
OK, here's one that really grinds my gears...I'm going down the highway in the left lane. We're approaching an area where there is always a lot of traffic merging onto the highway from the city we're going through. The trucker in the right lane puts on his blinker to get into the left lane, allowing more cars to easily merge onto the freeway. But, once we get past the on-ramp, the morons behind me start flying over into the right lane to pass the semi. I'm thinking, "If you'd give the guy 10 more seconds, he'll be out of the way!" But no, instead one by one, they'll get over and pass him. All the while, I'm stuck there behind him in the left lane.
You tellin me? I drive a truck for a living. I give them 1 warning. I put my signal on, start to come over, then jerk the wheel back like I didn't know they were there. Then I put my signal back on and try again. They usually clear out after that.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandGT View Post
You tellin me? I drive a truck for a living. I give them 1 warning. I put my signal on, start to come over, then jerk the wheel back like I didn't know they were there. Then I put my signal back on and try again. They usually clear out after that.
I hear you, I dont drive a big rig but i do part time drive a 26 foot straight truck, and the amount of people who just dart around you left and right is rediculous, let alone the fact they dont realize these things dont stop on a dime.

2005 Mustang GT
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condy26 View Post
1. BMW drivers
2.The old man/lady in the passing lane doing 5 under the limit
3. guys behind you in trucks with HID's or leaving on their highbeams
4. The guy behind you that darts out just to pass you in traffic but noone else
5. Those people (usually ricers) who have their radio so loud, except there is no lyrics..just bass, that overpowers my own radio
6. SUV owners who think the road is theirs and since they are bigger they can do whatever
7. PT cruisers, Nissan Juke, Chevy HHR, Toyota Echo (the ones with unpainted bumpers), And people who let their cars rot away. I Hate being around ugly cars.
8. FWD cars with spoilers on them... you do know that actually decreases your performance right?
9. For those who live where snow is: people that cant seem to park in the parking spots anymore when there is snow on the ground..even though the lines are still visible
10. The cop that just follows you to make sure you, the one in the Mustang is not speeding while other cars pass by laughing at you.

That is all
Actually, according to one guy at my school, he said his (giant) spoiler gave him about 27 HP because of aerodynamics! I mean, I should listen to him because he says he knows more about cars than me. Why does he think so? Because he's played Need For Speed all of this life and unlocked/bought every car in every game that he's played. So he totally knows more than me (sarcasm).:nogrinner

I hate ricers. Their knowledge is little (like their engine), their egos are huge (like their fart cannons), and they're usually douchebags who cant drive worth a ****. Here, at least.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
MACH I Member
V6 Member

^So true, for some reason though i really like the Evo ralliart editions (guess its cause they actually are somewhat well built and are actually semi-fast.)

A new one- the guy on the crotch rocket getting really loud, speeding past you, then slowing down. Or the guy trying to impress the chick next to you reving his ricer/crotch rocket, who gets really mad when your american muscles throaty exhaust gets you her number and not him

2003 Redfire V6,

post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
A new one- the guy on the crotch rocket getting really loud, speeding past you, then slowing down. Or the guy trying to impress the chick next to you reving his ricer/crotch rocket, who gets really mad when your american muscles throaty exhaust gets you her number and not him
This is a good one. It just happened to me few days ago actually. We had a few days here that were nice enough that I was able to get my 'Stang out and cruise a bit. As I was driving through the city, this stretched, heavily modded GSXR 1k rolls up beside me. He proceeds to look the car up and down and gives me the head nod, so I do it back...it's all good. Then he gets in front of me and pops the clutch, which lit up the fat rear wheel and tossed it sideways a bit. Then, he slows down so I'm beside him again and gooses on it multiple times. I'm thinking "Really man? You're gonna pick on a 2V GT with that thing?" My car must look a lot faster than what it is, lol.

'04 GT: SCT 3-bank chip, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chamber 40's, Greg Weld Big n Littles, Boss Inc hood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page