What do other drivers do that annoy you? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Garage
People not thinking of other people is my biggest pet peeve. Have some freaking courtesy people!

Anyway, my other pet peeve is people on the open highway (mainly Midwest 4-lanes) that don't use cruise control and then get in my way because they speed up to pass then slow down next to another driver. I mean, do they like getting cramps holding the pedal in place for hours?

#ZombieCobra lives!!!

2000 Mustang GT, all black, was an auto - now has a 2004 GT engine with 5-speed (and maybe a cam?), BBK throttle body, SR CAI, BBK headers, BBK X-pipe, BAMA X4 tuned!

Body to be defined later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

A couple things:
1st is more of a crappy situation. I'm driving in the right lane coming up on a slow car/semi or whatever, and there's a faster car in the left lane coming up on me. I know that if I pull out now, I'm going to be a jerk and block the faster guy from passing, but if I don't I'm going to have to slow down and turn off cruise control, maybe get passed by everyone behind this guy because there's no room for me.

2nd I was driving through Seattle early in the morning, freeway is completely empty except for one guy ahead of me (car 1) and someone merging onto the freeway next to him (car 2). Merger comes in front of him, so car 1 moves left to pass. Car 2 moves over just as car 1 begins accelerating, so car 1 moves over again. Car 2, again, cuts off car 1. This keeps happening across 5 lanes all the way to the carpool lane. Finally, car 1 just moved right instead. I imagine he was giving the other driver a few birdies.

Proud owner of a '65 289 coupe. Equipped with Edelbrock Performer intake, Quick Fuel 680HR carb, ported stock heads, 282 Magnum solid cam, Hedman longtube headers, MSD ignition, and decked and ported heads. T5 transmission with hydraulic clutch. Griggs Racing GR350 suspension. 8.8 rear end. Griggs front & Wilwood rear brakes. Many more mods to come!
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I hate when some guy in a hot smoky diesel that is lifted comes right up next to me with his tail pipe in my window and spools up and covers me with a black smoke cloud! In AZ i have window down most the time!

GT Member
5.0L Member

Drivers in the fast lane doing the speed limit who don't move over with the attitude of "I'm doing the speed limit". SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT. it's in the manual dumbass.

Tailgaters....period.

Especially when someone tailgates me, I move over to let him/her by and they don't pass.

Someone who rides right next to you and there's not much traffic around. Drives me NUTZ!!

When the light turns green and the person in front doesn't go. You give the two quick honks and they give you a dirty look like you're the bad guy. That's when the honk turns into one long one!!

People with the friggen poodle sitting on their lap sticking it's head out the drivers window...while they're driving. Not just a huge distraction, but we'll see how much they love that poodle when the airbag deploys!!

'93 LX 5.0L Hatchback T5
- MM SFC's/MM LCA's/UPR UCA's/3.55 FRPP gears/UPR Torquebox/Aluminum DS/Spec Stage 1
- AFR165s/Custom Cam/Scorpion 1.6 RR's/Holley Systemax II/BBK 70mm TB/Pro-M 75mm MAF/24lb injectors
- Flexalite Xtreme/SVE 3 row alum radiator/PA Perf. 3G 95A/Pro 5.0/BBK CAI/Wahlbro190lph/SCT-Kurgan Tune
- MAC shorties/Flowmaster 40's & tails/Gabriel shocks & struts/Chrome Ponies
- Autometer gauges/04 Cobra seats/Pioneer sound/Satellite Radio/Billet thingys
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

well i can solve one of your problems, Marks93...by pass the 2 little honks, just lay on it when they dont go, they usualy step on it thinking they were stiing there even longer than they were! but then again I am that guy who thinks the words 'inter-section' and 'elapsed- time ' mean the same thing.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS93 View Post
People with the friggen poodle sitting on their lap sticking it's head out the drivers window...while they're driving. Not just a huge distraction, but we'll see how much they love that poodle when the airbag deploys!!
My girlfriend's terrier (who loves the hell out of me) does this. Sometimes, I'll let her sit in my lap and I've gotten to the point where I can drive normally while she's in my lap, but EVERYONE around me is staring at her. An adorable black terrier sticking its head out of a white Mustang? How distracting. She's more distracting though, than the car itself of course. I'll have people not paying attention to the light turning green because they're watching her try to stick her head out of the window, start sniffing, and just be downright cute.

But I never feel safe when she sits my lap (I also dont like my junk being stomped on when she tries to stick her head out the window), so I try to keep her in the passenger seat. I really do care about that dog though, so I'm going to start trying to hook her up to a seatbelt.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
^Get her a car seat lol.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfdog15 View Post
^Get her a car seat lol.
Do they actually make those?

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
Rookie
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul289 View Post
A couple things:
1st is more of a crappy situation. I'm driving in the right lane coming up on a slow car/semi or whatever, and there's a faster car in the left lane coming up on me. I know that if I pull out now, I'm going to be a jerk and block the faster guy from passing, but if I don't I'm going to have to slow down and turn off cruise control, maybe get passed by everyone behind this guy because there's no room for me.
s.
Amen brother those jerks should be forced to ride the bus!

Mustangs Rock!
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I hate all drivers.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to drivewfo
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

-George Carlin
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivewfo View Post
have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

-george carlin
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn View Post
Aftermarket HID's and they tailgate
I hate those no matter where they are. If you can't see then turn on your highbeams, at least then you can dim them for oncoming traffic.

2005 Sport-Utility Mustang Convertible
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS93 View Post
Tailgaters....period.

Especially when someone tailgates me, I move over to let him/her by and they don't pass.
In my Mustang, I try to get away from these people by blowing them away or moving over and braking. Speeding up is usually my pick.
In my truck, though, they get a 5 second count and then HARD brake lights! Only a couple scratches on the chrome so far...:hihi:

#ZombieCobra lives!!!

2000 Mustang GT, all black, was an auto - now has a 2004 GT engine with 5-speed (and maybe a cam?), BBK throttle body, SR CAI, BBK headers, BBK X-pipe, BAMA X4 tuned!

Body to be defined later...
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
^ i do almost the same, slow down about 20-30 mph under the limit, if they fall back then fine, if not i floor it to get away, they get back on my tail, brake check till im completely stopped.

If i ever get a nice truck it will be alot worse for the tailgaters.

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page