Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishSkier View Post
In my Mustang, I try to get away from these people by blowing them away or moving over and braking. Speeding up is usually my pick.
In my truck, though, they get a 5 second count and then HARD brake lights! Only a couple scratches on the chrome so far...:hihi:

Honestly officer, a deer jumped out in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes. Its not my fault that idiot was so close behind me he could read the clock on MY radio

(actual statement provided to a state trooper on I-95)

Oh and no, not in the Stang. Ford really makes some strong bumpers on F150's

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSD View Post
The guy in the passing lane on the interstate who comes up quick then drives just fast enough so you can't move over to make your pass.
Yeah, that and other variations on the same theme -- camping out in the passing lane and causing various problems.

Here in Rhode Island and Mass,, we need to invest in about 1,000 "keep right except to pass" signs and post them in the median . . . but it probably won't help, those people are completely oblivious to everything that is going on around them.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
PONY Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

People in this area *FREAK OUT* whenever it rains, like they've never seen the stuff before. I've seen some of the most dangerous, erratic driving while the roads are wet. Either that, or they come to a crawl and stomp on the brakes every once in a while for no good reason, reducing traffic to a trickle while it's sprinkling lightly.

Shelby Bills, Shelby Grilles, Check Out The Oil My Shelby Spills.

PONY Member

They exist................

2011 GT Premium, Sterling gray/ black interior,
400A, HIDs, security , comfort
louvers, scoops, rear cover,MRT struts
19" nickel lustre wheels, GT500 mufflers
3.73, 6 sp manual, CDC Classic chin, smoked corners
Banned
4.6L Member

Every single time I'm towing a trailer, I'll have people randomly turn in front of me or cut me off. Because F150's with trailers can stop on a dime.
74stang2togo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
Every single time I'm towing a trailer, I'll have people randomly turn in front of me or cut me off. Because F150's with trailers can stop on a dime.
This. The scariest thing is when someone runs out in front of you towing on a highway. I destroyed a pair of front rotors on a pickup once because of this.

And:

Hitting their brakes or stopping on an on-ramp.

Stopping to make a turn.

Stopping for speed bumps in stock-ride-height SUVs. I can understand in sports cars and even modern sedans, but if you're in an Expedition, you don't need to stop for the damned thing.
MACH I Member
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to Derfdog15 Send a message via Yahoo to Derfdog15
^glad someone understands stopping for speedbumps in the stang, i always get honked at when i slow down to almost nothing to go over bumps, and im always thinking..please dont scrape, please dont scrape, please dont scrape!

2003 Redfire V6,
Show: Smoked everything, cobra front bumper, gt rear bumper, rear decklid and lower valence blackout with black mustang letters, 5% rear front 15%, black 98 Cobra rims front, 95 Cobra R rear black with chrome lip, black scoops and spoiler and exhaust tips

Go: CAI, True Duals with flowmaster super 44's, Bama Tune, full suspension (lowered, 8.8, 4.10s, UCA, LCA, springs, CC plates)
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74stang2togo View Post
This. The scariest thing is when someone runs out in front of you towing on a highway. I destroyed a pair of front rotors on a pickup once because of this.

And:

Hitting their brakes or stopping on an on-ramp.

Stopping to make a turn.

Stopping for speed bumps in stock-ride-height SUVs. I can understand in sports cars and even modern sedans, but if you're in an Expedition, you don't need to stop for the damned thing.
That's my 2nd least favorite thing. I'll never begin to understand why people think they should merge into traffic that's moving at 55+ mph by going 35mph and then hitting the brakes.
74stang2togo

Drivers who post 2005+ Mustang questions in the 4.6 forum, post gear/exhaust/cai threads in the 4.6 or 5.0 forums, or post street racing crap in the drag racing forum.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

What do other drivers do that annoy me? They share the road with me.

Seriously, though, I'm not that bad. I just enjoy my space, without invaders pulling wild stunts or mindless maneuvers around me. It happens WAY too often.
Banned
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74stang2togo View Post
Drivers who post 2005+ Mustang questions in the 4.6 forum, post gear/exhaust/cai threads in the 4.6 or 5.0 forums, or post street racing crap in the drag racing forum.
Good call. Fifteen Characters. 4.6
MACH I Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

For some reason the drivers here think that the left lane is for their use only. It isn't the passing lane, it's their personal cruising lane. How dare you think that driving above their speed is an option.

We should all know that the left lane is for those who:

1. Drive at least 10 MPH below the speed limit.
2. Use their cell phone, especially for texting.
3. Repeatedly tap the brake pedal.
4. Sight see
5. Have to make constant eye contact with the person they're talking to.
6. Save wear and tear on their directional signals by not using them.
7. Actively petition lawmakers to create and enforce road rage laws.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Greek View Post
For some reason the drivers here think that the left lane is for their use only. It isn't the passing lane, it's their personal cruising lane. How dare you think that driving above their speed is an option.

We should all know that the left lane is for those who:

1. Drive at least 10 MPH below the speed limit.
2. Use their cell phone, especially for texting.
3. Repeatedly tap the brake pedal.
4. Sight see
5. Have to make constant eye contact with the person they're talking to.
6. Save wear and tear on their directional signals by not using them.
7. Actively petition lawmakers to create and enforce road rage laws.
Haha that sounds exactly like the left lane drivers that I know and hate.

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

+1, that's what piss me off the most! When someone is on the left lane, doesn't go faster than the right lane, and we're all stuck behind; that really pisses me off!!!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
74stang2togo

They think Seafoam will fix all their problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page