Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   Mustang S197 Off Topic Lounge (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-off-topic-lounge/)
-   -   What do other drivers do that annoy you? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/mustang-s197-off-topic-lounge/329367-what-do-other-drivers-do-annoy-you.html)

four6trix 02-04-2012 10:27 AM

What do other drivers do that annoy you?

I'm bored, I like this topic, and...hell, I'll be honest I need to get my post count up to 50 today so I can execute my AM wishlist :heha:

So, someone complain with me! I'll start...

I hate it when people other drivers pass me, then slow down right in front of me!

5.0 Code Blue 02-04-2012 10:45 AM

For me I would say the guy in the passing lane going way under the speedlimit,drives me crazy.this is when you should legally be allowed to do the PIT manoeuver and get them out of your way.LOL:gringreen

Jordyn 02-04-2012 10:49 AM

-dont use their signals
-drive slow in the fast lane
-brake ALL the way through sweeping corners
-when you are on the highway and ALL the lanes are going 65mph
-Aftermarket HID's and they tailgate

thats all ive got for now

Derfdog15 02-04-2012 10:49 AM

the idiot who sits next to you speeding up and slowing down in a hybrid or some sort of rice burner. They try to race but its not worth it.

Also the idiot who pulls out in front of you, making you hit the brakes real hard and swerve over(if possible) and then takes forever to get to the speedlimit.

marylandGT 02-04-2012 10:54 AM

Yea, slow lane drivers that slow down and box you in so you can't get to the open lane to pass. Where can I get a 50 cal. to mount on the front. haha

marylandGT 02-04-2012 10:56 AM

oooops. I meant slow drivers in the fast lane.

four6trix 02-04-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.0 Code Blue (Post 2906572)
For me I would say the guy in the passing lane going way under the speedlimit,drives me crazy.this is when you should legally be allowed to do the PIT manoeuver and get them out of your way.LOL:gringreen

Wouldn't THAT be nice! I've vote for a law legalizing justified PIT maneuvers :bigthumbsup

four6trix 02-04-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordyn (Post 2906577)
-dont use their signals
-Aftermarket HID's and they tailgate

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I love HID's...as long as they are aimed properly. That's one of the things I miss about having a 5-speed. Whenever I got one of those tailgating fools behind me, I'd downshift real quick and scare the daylight out of 'em. Worked every time :yup:

MustangSD 02-04-2012 11:02 AM

The guy in the passing lane on the interstate who comes up quick then drives just fast enough so you can't move over to make your pass.

four6trix 02-04-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derfdog15 (Post 2906578)
the idiot who sits next to you speeding up and slowing down in a hybrid or some sort of rice burner. They try to race but its not worth it.

Yep, that too. I love the ricers that get next to you, then gun it only to speed up to the traffic that's only 75 ft in front of you...It's their way of "owning" us, lol.

skarudy930 02-04-2012 11:06 AM

When they don't use turning signals, when they don't choose a lane, when they stop at an intersection with no stop sign (but ones with a blinking yellow) for no reason, when they text and drive, when they brake BEFORE putting their turning signal on..... I'm sure I can think of others, we have it all here in NJ

MustangSD 02-04-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marylandGT (Post 2906585)
Yea, slow lane drivers that slow down and box you in so you can't get to the open lane to pass. Where can I get a 50 cal. to mount on the front. haha

Yes! Then get so enraged when people try to "get out of the box"

four6trix 02-04-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangSD (Post 2906596)
The guy in the passing lane on the interstate who comes up quick then drives just fast enough so you can't move over to make your pass.

Exactly...some people just don't get it. In my mind, there's an unofficial, unwritten driver's etiquette guide that everyone should abide by. I always try to pay a little attention to what everyone else around me is doing and what their situation is. For example, if I'm flowing with traffic in the left lane and I notice that a vehicle in the right is approaching a slower moving semi, I'll open up a little space in front of me and flash my lights, rather than being like everyone else and making them wait 'til the end of traffic in the left lane. If its an intuitive driver over there, they'll take the opportunity.

MustangSD 02-04-2012 11:12 AM

Oops. I'm one of those turn signal guys. But in my defense I need that hand on the wheel so I can finish sending my text. Haha

four6trix 02-04-2012 11:12 AM

It drives me INSANE when I'm in town at an intersection, in the turn lane thinking "I hope we get the turn arrow" and we don't. So, the guy in the front of the line just sits there at the white line, rather than pulling out into the intersection to wait for an opening to turn. By the time he turns, the light turns yellow and the rest of us are waiting again.