Facebook good or not? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

Facebook good or not?

I know alot of you guys have a facebook account, my wife has one and my friends all have one also. I just don't really see why I need one. It just everything now has something to do with facebook. This is as close as I get to a facebook like account. I don't see the "big picture" on having it.

2002 Laser Red 5spd V6 Mustang.

1999 F-150 5.4L extended cab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

Just avoid it, unless your using it to stay in contact with old friends. its freaking pointless, nothing but drama and stupidity, chain letters, stupid photos, and hoes.

but i'm 17 and i use it to keep track of said hoes.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
Apprentice

I also do not have a Facebook and never will. I have seen more bad from it than good.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
74stang2togo

Facebook is for sheeple.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
TKC
GT Member
5.0L Member

I had a FB account but deleted it about a year ago due to drama. If you have a jealous or sick ex be careful on FB lol. Mine created a false account and was creating a sh$tstorm of drama and messaging my current GF...so I deleted it. I dont need it. I dont need to know that you're getting a haircut,I dont care that your boss just dumped a bunch of work on you and you hate Mondays. I dont need to be,or need people to be THAT involved in my or their lives. I dont care to know what is going on with you every hour throughout your day ya know? If i need to get ahold of someone I will call or txt,if someone needs to get ahold of me they know how. FB is a conduit for people(not all)to say "look at me and what Im doing". JMO. Plus,I feel its a way for people to access to much personal info on,regardless if you have security restrictions setup on your profile. Especially in this day with ID theft and all that. Dont get me wrong,Im not saying FB is crap...I just prefer not to use it. I know people where FB is a very valuable tool for far away loved ones and friends,but I dont necessitate that.

91 GT,stock bottom end,GT40P heads,fully ported/matched Cobra lower/upper intake,Pro-M 80mm MAF,worked over BBK 70mm TB,BBK cold air intake,30 lb. inj.,E303,MAC 1 3/4 longtube headers,MAC Prochamber h-pipe(coming soon),40's dumped,3.73's,Cobra disc X4,booster,adj prop. valve,ECM..yadayadayada...
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
GT Member

lol I can't help but laugh at people who say Facebook is "drama".

If you have "drama" on Facebook you probably have it in your everyday life too. I have never had any sort of problem on Facebook but I am a grown man and only add people on there that are or at one point have been a friend or an acquaintance I talk to frequently.

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 66Sprint200
I have facebook. I use it to keep track of events, and to stay in contact with alot of my family, especially as they live in England and I'm at college in Kansas. There is a bit of a time difference so we don't have alot of opportunities to have a phone conversation. And I can see my aunt's artwork. She is graduating from University in England this summer with a degree in fine arts.

1966 Mustang Sprint 200 "Oliver"... factory fog lamps, factory rally pac, off the road for restoration.

2005 Mustang 4.0 litre... Airaid CAI, Honeycomb taillamp panel, more mods to follow.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyboy4
Im one of the few 16 year olds that will say that I dont have a facebook account, nor do I care much about getting one either.

2004 40th Anniversary GT - Sonic Blue, Daily Driver, Steeda Short-throw, SR Performance CAI, Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I have an FB account but I almost never look at it. Its getting to be so bad now that when I get to work someone will be mad at me and after digging I find out its because they sent me a friend request and I didn't add them. They usually calm down when I explain I haven't logged in since Christmas. I got it to try to locate some high school buddies from a long time ago, and we ended up hooking up. Now I rarely mess with it.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillup96GT View Post
lol I can't help but laugh at people who say Facebook is "drama".

If you have "drama" on Facebook you probably have it in your everyday life too. I have never had any sort of problem on Facebook but I am a grown man and only add people on there that are or at one point have been a friend or an acquaintance I talk to frequently.
Absolutely! I find in my experience that all the people who complain about drama are usually part of the problem. "Hoe A" will complain about the drama that "Hoe B" is causing between Baby Daddy 1" and "Baby Daddy 2". But "Hoe A" is banging both Baby Daddy's in her free time. It's like a train wreck; no matter how bad it is you can't stop watching.

Edit...apparently we can't say SL UT
Edit #2...apparently we can't say WH0RE either

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Facebook, IMO, has it's uses. Just be aware of the drawbacks : loss of privacy and personal info, viruses and spyware from the various games and apps.
Potential employers can look at your past without your permission or your knowledge. A friend of mine that works a big corporation and does hiring says they do look up job applicants on FB.
So it's not really "free" social networking.

2005 V6
Mods : Flowmaster 40s Dual Exhaust--H-pipe
"Life is not always fair but it's always good... behind the wheel of America's Sports car, the Mustang."
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jep23 View Post
Absolutely! I find in my experience that all the people who complain about drama are usually part of the problem. "Hoe A" will complain about the drama that "Hoe B" is causing between Baby Daddy 1" and "Baby Daddy 2". But "Hoe A" is banging both Baby Daddy's in her free time. It's like a train wreck; no matter how bad it is you can't stop watching.

Edit...apparently we can't say SL UT
Edit #2...apparently we can't say WH0RE either
Haha I didn't know those words weren't allowed either, and I agree completely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCV6stang View Post
Facebook, IMO, has it's uses. Just be aware of the drawbacks : loss of privacy and personal info, viruses and spyware from the various games and apps.
Potential employers can look at your past without your permission or your knowledge. A friend of mine that works a big corporation and does hiring says they do look up job applicants on FB.
So it's not really "free" social networking.
Set that shlt to private, if you don't have it set that way and you miss out on a job because of it you didn't deserve said job anyway.

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member

I like what all you guys said, very funny! That why I don't have one.

2002 Laser Red 5spd V6 Mustang.

1999 F-150 5.4L extended cab.
Rookie

if you dont want your life on the internet dont have a facebook account

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page