If not a MUSTANG then what? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If a Mustang is not an option, I would go with the Dodge Charger SRT. But the Charger was not on your list. As far as your list goes, I would go with the Camaro SS.

I wanna go fast! :laughlitt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoma View Post
If a Mustang is not an option, I would go with the Dodge Charger SRT. But the Charger was not on your list. As far as your list goes, I would go with the Camaro SS.
My old man has a red 06 Charger SRT with the extra ground effects package. I put a tune, Airaid intake, and Bassani catback on it for him last year. That thing is a rocket; so easy to break the ass end lose.

I'd consider buying it from him except that it takes premium, gets about 11 MPG, and it's a Chrysler product. I just can't pull the trigger on any Chrysler or Dodge vehicle.

As for the topic, assuming the car is something in similar price range and comparable in performance (not going to go into fantasy world and name a bunch of 150K+ cars), I would have to say a Nissan 370Z.

I've always liked Zs and they are a nice package, good performance and excellent handling and a quality built car. Not a V8, but their performance is plenty good for a sporty coupe, and you do have options as far mods go.

I would not buy a Camaro SS. Don't like them, and the styling is already looking old and dated. The interior is beyond cheap, and the visibility is piss poor. For what a new SS Camaro costs with options, I'd rather save the extra dough a couple years and buy a C7 Vette.

Current: 2015 Ford Focus SE

Former: 2007 GT, Satin Silver
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

E55 AMG
Evo 9 MR
NSX
Raptor

2012 Black 5.0 - LUND Tuned, / Lethal o/r Xpipe / Stainless Works Retro Catback / FRPP "K" Springs / JLT catch can / Carbon Fiber CAI BMR Panhard, LCA, relo brackets / Steeda Pro Action Shocks/Struts, Tri-Ax shift / 19" RTRs on Michelin Super Sports(Front) Nitto 555s(Rear)

post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Folks...

It has been sometime since I posted this. Long story short, I decided that with all the ice, snow, rain etc. here in ye old MID WEST...The Mustang was not the best option to have in the garage.

Although it was our second car, everytime the roads were not dry, I took my other car to work (11 VOLVO S60-T-6 AWD Polestar tuned) thus leaving my wife stranded.

I have traded in the Ol Stang for a 2011 Mitsubishi EVO MR edition.

Have owned many a stang and many AWD's The AWD's just fit the family dynamic and the region where we live right now.

Drive on fellow car fanatics!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'd like to move into the sport sedan realm. A nice high-end Audi 4-door. But for now I'm content to let the Mustang rot out from underneath me. In no hurry to accrue anymore debt.
PONY Member
4.6L Member

The only 2 cars I'd ever drive if I was FORCED to get rid of my ponies would be....

09-12 Mercedes C63 AMG

OR

08-12 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan (6-speed)

MY PONIES

2000 White Ford Mustang V6 (Auto) SOLD
2003 White Ford Mustang GT (5-Speed) SOLD
2003 White Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Vert (6-speed) "Oreo"
2003 Black Ford Mustang Mach 1 (5-speed) "Black Knight" SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page