Any fellow bikers out there? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Any fellow bikers out there?

As much as I love driving around my car, I have to admit that riding my bike is the most fun I've had with my pants still on. My other baby is a '13 Honda CBR500R that I picked up around the same time that I acquired my Mustang. The car handles surprisingly well for a big American coupe, but there's nothing quite like flicking the bike through a series of tight corners. She's definitely not a supersport ("only" a 50hp parallel twin), but I think it more than makes up for it in ease of use, daily riding comfort, and impressive mpg (~67 average so far!). I've actually put more miles on the bike than I have the car since I use it pretty much every day for my commute to work. So, anybody else enjoy hitting the road on 2 wheels?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OfAA5sv.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	274458  

2013 V6 Premium A6 - Airaid CAI, Bama 93H Tune, FRPP 3.55 gears, Dynomax Catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2013
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
Sure do!! Mine is a 1990 Honda CBR 1000f Hurricane-stage 2 hot cams,port/polish head/stage 2 jet kits-etc... My girl friend-who has a 99 Honda Rebel-and I ride when we can-lots of fun.

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013
Apprentice

Yea nothing like twisting the wrist,
For some instant adrenaline. Gotta get
Back on mines b4 the rain comes back to cali

92 coupe ssp stock w/ 1chamber flows
01 ninja zx12r stock w/ full yosi exhaust
05 f150 w/ 22s n flows.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Well, before the arthritis set in I had quite a few bikes. Had a Triumph Bonneville (had to "tickle" the carb `till gas ran all over your hand to start it). A Triumph Trident (it had 3 cylinders). A Honda 750. A Kawasaki Z1. A Kawasaki KZ1000. A Honda 500 four. All the rest were Harleys. `88 Sportster 883, `00 Super Glide, `02 Road King & finally an `02 Heritage Springer (my favorite). I used to ride to work via the Pa Turnpike. However after month of riding with trash hauling rigs that got so close to my rear end that I could only see MA in the left mirror, & CK in the right one at 75mph, it was time to give it up. Its a whole different thing riding for fun vs survival

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page