Buy car New or 1-2 years used? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Some cars have such deep discounts that they are the same price as used. When I purchased my 2011 Frontier 4X4 I got it for almost 7 grand under sticker which coincidentally was what two year old models with 30K miles were selling for at the time. It just made more sense to buy new. A co-worker is looking at new Chrysler 300's as several locally are around 8K under sticker and the same price as a year old model.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I bought my GT brand new. Only 7 miles on it when I got it.

In retrospect, I would've waited for a leftover 1-2 year old 5.0 and spent a lot less. The new car smell is great and all, but man. Those payments in the beginning were downright brutal. And as soon as you drive it off the lot, you try selling it back and you instantly lose 5K or so.

Just not worth it.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would buy a new one if I was rich. But I'm not, so I just bought a two year old 5.0. I love the car! (and it still has the bumper to bumper warranty)

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!

Apprentice
4.6L Member

If your credit is good and you can get 0% interest on a new car that helps. Also waiting til the end of the year or before a new model comes out can get you a good deal. Also if you can get the X-plan pricing will help. Some companies can get that for their employees. I bought a new 2008 Roush 427R when the economy was free falling and gas was $4 a gallon. I paid about as much as a regular GT cost. Just do your research and get exactly what you want. You don't want to be stuck with a car for years you aren't completely satisfied and happy with.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
I would buy a new one if I was rich. But I'm not, so I just bought a two year old 5.0. I love the car! (and it still has the bumper to bumper warranty)
Oh I don't know Sharad, the only thing rich about me is my NAME, and I'm working on my second new 5.0

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyW View Post
If your credit is good and you can get 0% interest on a new car that helps. Also waiting til the end of the year or before a new model comes out can get you a good deal. Also if you can get the X-plan pricing will help. Some companies can get that for their employees. I bought a new 2008 Roush 427R when the economy was free falling and gas was $4 a gallon. I paid about as much as a regular GT cost. Just do your research and get exactly what you want. You don't want to be stuck with a car for years you aren't completely satisfied and happy with.
This is a very good point. I get X-plan, and it was around 30k with the options I wanted. Ford Credit would have gone 0%, I'm sure. But I paid A LOT less than that for my 2011 with very low miles and full bumper to bumper warranty, and my credit union gave me 2%. I couldn't pass it up.

Another consideration was that if I just HAVE to have a 2015 when they become available, the depreciation has already hit my 2011, whereas I would take a beating selling the 2014 for a 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Oh I don't know Sharad, the only thing rich about me is my NAME, and I'm working on my second new 5.0
"rich" is relative.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page