if u get a ticket, when does your insurance go up? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013
LercinStang

if u get a ticket, when does your insurance go up?

Im 24 and haven't had a ticket yet but last week was a close call cuz i was showin off and spun my tires for a few seconds at a red light and then a cop pulled me over, but luckily he didn't give me a ticket.

but it was scary cuz my insurance is expensive as it is cuz i gotta have full coverage since im financing, so scary to think what if i got a ticket and would have to sell the car!?

if i got a ticket, would the insurance company know right away and then raise my rates?? or how does it work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I can't speak to all companies in every state, but it seems that they run your driving record just prior to sending you your renewal notice and that's when it will go up...
At least that's the way it was in my younger days when I was collecting speeding tickets for a collage on my wall.......

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
Like Slorydn1 said, it is at renewal. But some insurance companies let you slide on the first ticket unless it is something very serious like a DUI or reckless driving. That is what my insurance company's policy is.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013
Apprentice
Classic Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Silverfox193201
Quote:
Originally Posted by LercinStang View Post
Im 24 and haven't had a ticket yet but last week was a close call cuz i was showin off and spun my tires for a few seconds at a red light and then a cop pulled me over, but luckily he didn't give me a ticket.

but it was scary cuz my insurance is expensive as it is cuz i gotta have full coverage since im financing, so scary to think what if i got a ticket and would have to sell the car!?

if i got a ticket, would the insurance company know right away and then raise my rates?? or how does it work?
Depends mostly upon the insurance co. some will overlook the first one just like it does for an accident first time up. Most others I have been with and have heard talk about increases the rate upon the next renewal period. 10% for every ticket above what u r paying now.

SILVERFOX193201

Last edited by slorydn1; 12-18-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Edited to remove the caps from the post
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

In Canada. Your insurance goes up right away upon renewal with one ticket.
I know this from experience. I had one ticket for speeding on my record when ?I switched insurance companies and they picked up on it instantly ( insurance records)
That ticket cost me about 450.00 over a three year period, which is what the insurance companies up here go by.
And by the was a low mph ( km's up here ) ticket. The issuing Police officer said it wouldn't affect my insurance. WRONG !

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page