What's the best thing under the tree that you bought yourself? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

What's the best thing under the tree that you bought yourself?

My wife, who to her credit drives a stick shift and is a bit of a gearhead herself, prefers to have me order my own gifts if they involve the Mustang.

This year, being the first year with my still-under-warranty 5.0, I went pretty modest, but I am still excited. I got one of those large soft-sided cargo organizers from Ford, which is not cheap but gets very good reviews. Now if my wife sends me to Wal-Mart, I can take the curves at my preferred speed without having a gallon of milk rolling around in the trunk. I also got a couple of T-shirts from CJ Pony Parts for good measure.

What's under your tree?

Black 2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 w/401A package and 3.31s

Black 2000 Mustang GT (owned 2001-2013, sold at 177,000 miles)

Brown 1971 Triumph TR6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013
GT Member

Chantix

Chantix. not that I was a heavy smoker but I quit!
I have survived 23 years in the military and to many deployments only to kill myself slowly????

Plus me and my wife made a pact. I quit I get my SC:grinroll

T Wayne

Last edited by T.Wayne; 12-24-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: edit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013
PONY Member
Classic Member

From another posts I did today:

Merry Christmas to me:

My age is 72 years old. I purchased a 1965 Mustang Convertible Silver blue new in 1965 right after I graduated from collage. I had to swap it for a station wagon (ugh) in 1969 when My wife and I had twin boys. SO.......

This past year I purchased a 1964.5 Mustang convertible vintage burgundy. OK, so it is not the same one, but it is close enough for me to bring back memories. I purchased this car with money from my boys inheritance The Mustang had been refinished and when I got it, the steering wheel had been replaced also. I got the old steering wheel from the seller. I tell you all of this to lead up to:

I put a Christmas Bow in the steering wheel with a to "Papa Joe" as this is what my kids and grand-kids call me, and a "from" labled with the twins name.
I will be sure and "Thank" them on Christmas day... Ho Ho Ho..

Love it when a plan comes together

Papa Joe

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Merry Christmas guys/gals...
Well, been eying a Breitling all year long, had a good year so decided to finally take the plunge, wife did a great job gift wrapping it for me lol, down to the ribbons and bows..... 15 minutes ago we sat around the tree opening gifts, and I had a good laugh acting surprised when she handed me "my gift" lol.
For those members that are also into watches, here's the specs;
47mm diameter, limited series of 2,000 in steel, 500 in steel/ 18K rose gold.

One I finally chose; 47mm Limited edition, self winding chronograph, calibre 01, Swiss movement, steel and 18K red gold case. Black dial, two tone navi timer bracelet. model:913 MontBrilliant 47mm.sephire crystal, double coated inside and outside.
Enjoy your day with family and friends, and stay safe throughout the coming year!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page