Henry Ford Documentary - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Henry Ford Documentary

The other night I watched the Henry Ford Documentary on Net**** and was amazed. He was not educated and yet accomplished so much. Pretty crazy. On the other hand they brought up some not so good things about Mr Ford as he aged. Shows that no one is perfect. But he ushered in a changed America! The Automobile was not just for the well off. He brought it to the masses.
I'm curious of what others think about it.
Anyone else watched it?
Thoughts?

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014
PONY Member

I think the my favorite think about Henry Ford was that he did try and but Ferrari from Enzo himself who actually changed his mind last minute and chose to not sell the company to Ford last minute. To get back at Ferrari, Ford essentially gave his engineers a blank check to develop a new race car. The result was the GT-40 which proceeded to dominate Ferrari on the track.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloStang2010 View Post
I think the my favorite think about Henry Ford was that he did try and but Ferrari from Enzo himself who actually changed his mind last minute and chose to not sell the company to Ford last minute. To get back at Ferrari, Ford essentially gave his engineers a blank check to develop a new race car. The result was the GT-40 which proceeded to dominate Ferrari on the track.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Did not know that! That is good information.
It is interesting that he would hand out with Thomas Edison.
What an innovator he was.
Surprised more people did not chime in on this.
Without Henry there would be no Mustang

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Henry Ford Documentary

I went to the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn a couple weeks ago while on vacation and it was awesome. I also just added that documentary to my watch list and am going to watch it now.

On another note, I also passed the Flat Rock assembly plant where our cars are made. Wish I could have toured that while we were out there as well but they only offer tours of the Rouge plant where the trucks are made.

The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village was awesome and I highly recommend anyone in the area to make a visit. They put on the best 4th of July celebration I have ever been to.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Henry the 1st was indeed a great man & a true genius. He even wrote (with a little help) a great biography. You can read it for free here:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...-sbekgS1TG8cKQ

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

That's a good read!

Many are under the impression that Ford invented the assembly line. Ford only put that method of production into building automobiles.

The firearm manufacturers had used assembly lines for over 20 years before Ford built his first car.

I'll have to watch the documentary.

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Saw a lot of it at the Edison and Ford winter estates in Ft.Myers Florida. Pretty interesting.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page