Couldn't Resist - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Couldn't Resist

I needed a replacement part for our Silverado pickup. Searched the interweb and all the Autocrud stores in my area and found the only one that'll fit without modifying is at the dealers and only $10 more.

I'm kinda oblivious to things at times and this was one of them. I didn't even think about it when I left the house but as I'm pulling onto the Chevy dealer lot, It finally hits me, I'm in a Mustang.haha. It was great rumbling past the Cameros with customers and salesmen watching.
Went into the service dept. drank their coffee, got my part, went out and checked out the 15 SS and Stingray then got in my car.

I could of done a 3 pt turn to get pointed to the exit but I thought naaaaaaw. It's easier to do a U turn and roll through the service dept. tunnel where people pick up their cars after repairs.

Now you all know what the standard operating procedure is when going through a tunnel don't you? I couldn't resist.
I pushed in the clutch, gave it a good rev and continued to roll out in 1st gear. Man it sounded great. Pulling out on the main road I couldn't stop laughing.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015
PONY Member

Garage
LOL, good times!

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Nothing like showing the chevy guys what a real car looks like.

2007 Saleen S281 3-valve #170

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
LOL too funny I would have done that too oh wait I did today well went to the Chevy dealer to pick a truck for work dropped the kid off at the service dept walked in w/ my MUSTANG hat on lol
talked to the service writer about the truck kid got in the truck I did a 3pt turn right infront of the service bay was too funny

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Nice.....I was there by myself.
I told my wife the whole time I was contemplating doing it, I could hear her next to me saying,"Don't you dare. Don't even think it"
I told her that made me want to do it even more.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.

Last edited by marylandGT; 04-04-2015 at 08:01 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015
Apprentice

Gotta love those moments.

And, once I wore my BMW hat into a Toyota dealer when having my wife's Camry serviced. The parts guy ran out with a Toyota hat free, just wanted me to take off the BMW hat.

The Mustang is a much better lookin car than the Camaro, and a lot more fun, in my opinion.

-Rick

08 GT Convertible, Torch Red
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Good wrench...uh...JOB!

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015
GT Member

I had a manager at the local Chevy dealer try to buy my 2006 GT from me when I went in to drop a friend off to pick up parts for his Camaro. They say there's competition, until the Mustang rolls up.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, KYB Shocks & Struts, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
255/45ZR18 front 295/40ZR18 rear
Department of Boost GT450 with 2011 GT500 M122, TB, & CAI | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 dual pumps | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp Springs & Retainers | AEM boost & wideband | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page