Idiot Drivers at Red Lights - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015 Thread Starter
GT Member

Idiot Drivers at Red Lights

Last night, I was on my way home from a formal meeting, and I pull up at a red light next to a guy leaned all of the way into the back seat of his Charger R/T with a girl in the passenger seat. He kept looking over at me hard, and I knew he'd hit it when the light turned.

Good thing I didn't run him.

When the light changed, he floored it, immediately spinning out from the right lane, across the left lane I was in, and into oncoming traffic before correcting himself. If I'd launched, the passengers side of my Mustang would be toast.

The worst part is, he tried AGAIN at the next light.

Playing and running is one thing, especially when on a course, but burning out across two lanes of traffic in a downtown city is crazy. What kind of morons have y'all encountered?

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, KYB Shocks & Struts, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
255/45ZR18 front 295/40ZR18 rear
Department of Boost GT450 with 2011 GT500 M122, TB, & CAI | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 dual pumps | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp Springs & Retainers | AEM boost & wideband | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents

Last edited by kenv; 04-28-2015 at 08:53 AM. Reason: race does not matter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I be one of those idiots.lol.
Comin home from work on Friday, I thought I saw a local AFM member (Boink) goin the other way. He wants to hear my cams and we haven't had chance to meet up yet. I was rolling by him in 2nd and punched it to give him a good listen. Tires broke loose and I got out of it right away. Thank God it tracked straight.
Best part is, it wasn't even him. Haha.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015
PONY Member

Garage
Everyone and their grandma wants to race my car. Maybe because it's red, like bulls perhaps. I mean, everyone, like altimas, busted old caddys, cars with 26" rims, etc. Occasionally, there will be a nice Challenger or Camaro, but those guys tend to be smart and know when to push it and when to throttle back. More of a friendly game than real street racing and I only engage them where it is clear without traffic. I usually let the fools go so they can puff out their chests and brag to their friends how they destroyed the 5.0. I'd rather drive home intact.

2011 Race Red GT vert, 5.0 A6
FRPP ProCal, JLT oil separator, Boss 302 quads w/ Corsa Xtreme axle backs, Koni STR.T (orange), GT500 strut mounts, Steeda Sports, Steeda billet LCAs, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda adj rear swaybar, BMR adj panhard, BMR lca relocation brackets, Boss 302 lower front fascia

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015 Thread Starter
GT Member

I like to have fun as much as the next guy, but there's a fine line between smoking that R/T or SS and losing control because I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, KYB Shocks & Struts, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
255/45ZR18 front 295/40ZR18 rear
Department of Boost GT450 with 2011 GT500 M122, TB, & CAI | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 dual pumps | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp Springs & Retainers | AEM boost & wideband | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015
Apprentice

Oh there are morons aplenty out there for sure.

1993 Reef Blue Notch 5.0, flowmaster three chamber cat backs, K+N air, 3.73, cobra clutch, 158k and still kicking. 2014 Mustang GT prem., Black, Brembo, manual, 3.73 gear, fog-light tint, new GT floormats, led license plate bulbs, Jlt oil separator, K&N drop-in air filter, SickSpeed black shifter knob with red shift pattern, GT 500 axle backs, locking gas cap, painted MMD quarter window covers, Roush chin splitter, red Lethal Performance windshield banner, SHR black fuel door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page