Monster Truck Show - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Monster Truck Show

I went with my B.In Law and his family to the Monster Truck Show in Vegas a few weeks back. What a different World!. 99 percent of all Vehicles in the MASSIVE parking Lot were TRUCKS. In fact I think I only saw (one) other Mustang. My Mustang stuck out like a sore thumb. Several of these These Truck Guys were looking at me and my GT like "What the heck is that doing here". Honestly I was worried that someone might Key it or something. Well, no one did BUT!!
These Truck people were extremely AGRESSIVE Drivers and seemed crazy. Trying to get out of the parking lot was a nightmare. The Rudest drivers I have ever experienced. That (MY TRUCK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS) attitude. What a crazy experience!
I'm NOT saying that people with Trucks are rude and crazy. I'm saying that at the Monster Truck Show they were!

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
I went with my B.In Law and his family to the Monster Truck Show in Vegas a few weeks back. What a different World!. 99 percent of all Vehicles in the MASSIVE parking Lot were TRUCKS. In fact I think I only saw (one) other Mustang. My Mustang stuck out like a sore thumb. Several of these These Truck Guys were looking at me and my GT like "What the heck is that doing here". Honestly I was worried that someone might Key it or something. Well, no one did BUT!!
These Truck people were extremely AGRESSIVE Drivers and seemed crazy. Trying to get out of the parking lot was a nightmare. The Rudest drivers I have ever experienced. That (MY TRUCK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS) attitude. What a crazy experience!
I'm NOT saying that people with Trucks are rude and crazy. I'm saying that at the Monster Truck Show they were!
I will admit that I, too, have a large lifted truck along with my Mustang. Unfortunately, I know what you mean when you mentioned the "My truck is bigger than your truck attitude"! It seems if I'm in my truck I get all sorts of crazy truck drivers being overly aggressive towards me on the road, whether it be a normal truck or a lifted one with big off-road tires like mine. Seems like they all want to see who's "bigger" I guess..

Although, when I'm in my 'Stang, I get all the ricers or camaros that go out of their way to rev up next to me, or get beside me on the highway looking for a go. Seems like every type of vehicle style have "those guys"!

Just like before I sold my Jeep, us Wrangler guys had to watch out for the XJ guys! (Just poking fun for any of my fellow Jeepers on the forums)

2015 GT Premium - Performance Pack - 400A - 6-Speed - Black - All Stock Until Factory Warranty Runs Out

(SOLD) - 2011 GT Premium - 6-Speed - Black - 401a Interior Package - Navigation - SCT X4 - AiRaid Synthaflow CAI - JBA O/R X-Pipe - GT500 Axle-backs - JLT Oil Separators (Passenger & Driver Side) -
Eibach Lowering Springs - Staggered KMC Wheels - Dyno-Tuned on 93 Octane (DynoJet) - 415RWHP - 395LB-FT of Torque
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015
Apprentice

I've had numerous lifted trucks over the years and I used to attend some of those 4 wheel jamboree nationals shows. I had a really nice lifted FJ40 for 12 years that and a few friends had really nice early Broncos and we would clean house in the driver class. But the whole mentality of the my truck is bigger than yours thing was just starting to get out of hand the last few years we went, which was 5-6 years ago. About the same time the punk kids around here turned from lowered civics to diesel trucks as the ride to have. I still have a truck, but it's only lifted an inch. The next vintage 4X4 I build will probably be on 33's though.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken's 05GT View Post
I've had numerous lifted trucks over the years and I used to attend some of those 4 wheel jamboree nationals shows. I had a really nice lifted FJ40 for 12 years that and a few friends had really nice early Broncos and we would clean house in the driver class. But the whole mentality of the my truck is bigger than yours thing was just starting to get out of hand the last few years we went, which was 5-6 years ago. About the same time the punk kids around here turned from lowered civics to diesel trucks as the ride to have. I still have a truck, but it's only lifted an inch. The next vintage 4X4 I build will probably be on 33's though.
Seems like all the guys just turning 16 and getting their driver's license around here are all dying to have diesels as well. There is nothing wrong at all with having a diesel if you have a need for it, whether it be pulling horses, boats, towing cars or anything that would benefit from the monstrous ft lbs of torque that diesels have, but to just buy one to be that guy that black smokes every single person in town with every gear shift is just plain pointless in my opinion!

I'd like to have a diesel just because of all the stuff I haul sometimes, but I'd never buy one just to see who could have the largest truck with the biggest and most annoying smoke cloud!

2015 GT Premium - Performance Pack - 400A - 6-Speed - Black - All Stock Until Factory Warranty Runs Out

(SOLD) - 2011 GT Premium - 6-Speed - Black - 401a Interior Package - Navigation - SCT X4 - AiRaid Synthaflow CAI - JBA O/R X-Pipe - GT500 Axle-backs - JLT Oil Separators (Passenger & Driver Side) -
Eibach Lowering Springs - Staggered KMC Wheels - Dyno-Tuned on 93 Octane (DynoJet) - 415RWHP - 395LB-FT of Torque
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page