Help buying used mustang - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindStang View Post
So you have an 07! Before you even think about removing a spark plug - look around the forums and read all the issues with the broken plug problem. There is a Ford TSB procedure to remove these. Hopefully the previous owner had removed them at least once and addressed the issue by putting anti seize on that snorkel to prevent it from sticking and breaking off in the head. If you do break a plug off in the head, you will need to buy a "Broken Spark plug removal tool" or perhaps rent one from an auto part place then you'll have to deal with the 'holy sh!t what have I done feeling" as you ponder what to do next as you look at the broken plug in your hand. I replaced mine with Champion 7989 plugs which are 1 piece design so I won't have the problem of that snorkel carboning up and breaking off in the head. Lots of comments on which plugs to use on the forums too. I thought you were looking at an 09 - so didn't mention the broken plug issue before.

Is the pic of the TB a before or after cleaning? Possibly you also need to change the fuel filter. Mine was very dirty at 35,000 miles.

Another thing to be aware of, and probably have a look at, is possibility of debris in the passenger side area under the wiper where water drains off the windshield. Stuff gets down there and plugs the drain which can cause water to build up and flood the Smart Junction box in the passenger side foot well. Water + Electronics = Magic Smoke. Take off the cowl under the wiper and look down to see if you can see the drain and any debris. Also this is written up on the forums too. Just keep it clean and you'll have no issues but good to be aware of.
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, lol.
Picture of throttle body is before being cleaned.
And I will definitely look into those spark plugs, thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I went into the tuner and in tunes it says "315hp" and "dyno".
Under strategy it says FPAF0A3
Under device info it looks like this.

Not sure if any of this is useful, just posting what I saw.

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman183 View Post
Oh yeah! Their was a small tear in the throttle body gasket. Could maybe allow some air to come in there? I need to order a new one and replace it.

Get the gasket from the local store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PONY Member

Garage
No, its totalled, let me come pull the engine for you to take that stress off you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #65 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I went to every store in town..nothing. had to order it. Lol.

PONY Member

The pic of the back of the TB does look kind of black and dirty. Hopefully the cleaning and the new gasket will make the difference you are looking for.
Did you do anything about the spark plugs yet?
Apprentice

if you haven't found one yet, I know its not a GT but my 2014 V6 manual looks like one and has the power to back it up. $13,500

2015 Senior Master Ford Technician
WMR#1037
post #68 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStang14 View Post
if you haven't found one yet, I know its not a GT but my 2014 V6 manual looks like one and has the power to back it up. $13,500
Thank you, but i got one!
Good luck selling yours!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page