AC problem on new mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
AC problem on new mustang

I noticed last week that my AC is not blowing cold air so I scheduled an appointment with the dealership to have it looked at. The car isn't even a year old and the only thing I've done to it was a tune. That got me thinking so I loaded the stock tune back on the vehicle but it didn't fix the AC. Is it possible the tune from SCT did something to the AC ? Everything is computerized now so I'm thinking it's possible. Just seems really odd to me that the AC went out on its own on such a young vehicle. Guess that's possible too but just seems odd to me. What do y'all think? Should I keep the stock tune on it when I take it in to get looked at?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017
Rookie

If it were me I would put stock tune on it. If they find a reason to blame it on they will take it.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Yeah, I think I will play it safe and load the stock tune. A buddy I work with told me I should disconnect the battery as well and reset the system. I was always told they could tell if the car has been flashed regardless so I'm not really sure about the legitimacy of that advice.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017
PONY Member
2.3L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsoncp21 View Post
...... I was always told they could tell if the car has been flashed regardless so I'm not really sure about the legitimacy of that advice.
If you were selling a product that was repeatedly returned for warranty work, Knowing that the customer was at fault by changing the tune, Wouldn't you figure out a way to log it?

2007 4.0 V6 Mustang, Victim of Black Ice
1989 2.3 Fastback, traded for:
2011 3.7 Pony Package, Traded for:
2018 GT 5.0 Premium
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Absolutely but they better be able to prove the tune was the fault. How exactly can they claim the tune caused the AC compressor to not kick in?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
So I took the vehicle in on Saturday. 5 hours later they called me back saying it's missing the belt and they have to order one. Smells fishy to me. I should have checked it over myself before taking it in. First off how does it take them 5 hours to determine the belt is missing. Second of all why would they not have one in stock, it's a belt, something you can pick up at the local auto parts store. Third, how does a belt just disappear with no trace on a vehicle that's 8 months old and the AC hasn't been used for the past 5 of those months. I'm not a mechanic myself but this has shady written all over it IMO.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017
Apprentice

If it was blowing cold air when you bought it maybe the belt just broke and flew off. Incorrect install at factory or defective belt who knows. 5 hours at the dealer doesn't mean it took them that long to diagnose. It's when the service person decided to phone you. While not having a belt in the dealers stock the Ford depot they get it from, possibly nearby, may be closed on Saturday.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Yeah, maybe. But the mechanic did say there was no sign of the belt fraying it was just missing. All I know is a belt doesn't just go that soon normally and either the belt was defective or something else is going on that caused it if that's really all they found. Only thing I care about is that they fix the entire problem and I don't end up paying for it. My fear is they charge me for a new belt and 6 months from now I have the same problem over again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page