Stock seat swap to premium leather seats - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1998 t/a

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Stock seat swap to premium leather seats

I recently purchased a 2017 Mustang GT PP base model and came across some premium leather seats for a cheap price. If I were to buy the seats, I am wondering if this would be a complete form, fit and function replacement, minus the heating and cooling feature in the premium seats. I would presume the connector(s) and wiring would be the same, but minus the premium heating and cooling control wires.

Also, assuming everything is OK to replace, I am wondering if there would be a way to utilize the heating and cooling via a new display module. I was interested in replacing the 4.2" display in the base model with some type of aftermarket 8" display. I have currently been looking at: Mustangnav001 - Moddiction Mustang Navigation kit - Moddiction, https://www.infotainment.com/collect...gation-upgrade

I thought I would stop by and see if anyone else has had some similar experience with this sort of thing.

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited by Zeusifer; 05-02-2017 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Wrong content
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017
Rookie

Garage
literally sounds like you should of just bought a Premium....I'd imagine the seats would bolt right in the only issue being the connections to power.

Zeusifer likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Premium w/PP was around ~8k more than the deal I could get on the base model w/PP. I love the car I bought but I wouldn't mind spending a grand or so for some nice to haves if I can find good deals. Yes, I am concerned about the wiring; I would imagine it's the same connector but with extra pins for the heating and cooling stuff. I am not exactly sure how to verify that though...maybe there is some type of non-proprietary schematic that the public is allowed to look at?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017
Rookie

Garage
trial and error. buy the seats and if they fit great, if not, sell them to someone else. I can't imagine they're in high demand considering these cars are only 3 years old.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017
Rookie

Garage
actually I just had a brain blast. Go to the local dealer they may let you look at their manuals. I did that for my Trans AM about 3 years ago they let me have access to all the GM/Pontiac manuals they had.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusifer View Post
I recently purchased a 2017 Mustang GT PP base model and came across some premium leather seats for a cheap price. If I were to buy the seats, I am wondering if this would be a complete form, fit and function replacement, minus the heating and cooling feature in the premium seats. I would presume the connector(s) and wiring would be the same, but minus the premium heating and cooling control wires.

Also, assuming everything is OK to replace, I am wondering if there would be a way to utilize the heating and cooling via a new display module. I was interested in replacing the 4.2" display in the base model with some type of aftermarket 8" display. I have currently been looking at: Mustangnav001 - Moddiction Mustang Navigation kit - Moddiction, https://www.infotainment.com/collect...gation-upgrade

I thought I would stop by and see if anyone else has had some similar experience with this sort of thing.

Thanks,
Alex
That link is to add GPS navigation to an existing 8-Inch screen. If you want to change the screen from 4 to 8 it's like 2000 from that person. I've been trying to find info on swapping some things from a premium version to the base model with pp but haven't found any info on it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page