paint fading already on 2015 ecoboost, any suggestions? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Would love to see some pics of this brown everybody is discussing.
Exactly. We all might be talking about different things lol. For me it was on a white car, so the brown was easy to see, and it was on back of the car where water pooled.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
Exactly. We all might be talking about different things lol. For me it was on a white car, so the brown was easy to see, and it was on back of the car where water pooled.
This is kinda starting to be my thought as well... haha

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
PONY Member

Garage
Inside the trunk well. Not sure how well you can tell. Similar spots appeared smaller on various areas of the vehicle exterior but I think I have buffed them all out. Haven't done anything in the trunk well except wash. Is this the same thing others have experienced?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171019_150631062_TOP_1508440155253.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	580577  

PONY Member

Same color. Mine was more of a line, not spots like that. I think because that's how the water dried after a car wash on mine, in a line.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
Apprentice

That looks troubling. If you haven't already, look into some claybar to clean that up gently.

The trunk area is pretty bad for holding water after a wash.

As for eco's paint, a good detailing is best. I never found automatic washes be to very good, and if it's applying a somme kinf of wax in the process, it's probably sealing in some dirt.

If you can get a couple of buckets with grit guards, some nice towels, using a lot of running water and a gentle hand will go a long way for your paint.
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdnaldo View Post
That looks troubling. If you haven't already, look into some claybar to clean that up gently.
Don't know that I could get a clay bar in there easily but I know that Maguire's scratch x2.0 and some elbow grease will remove it. Just can't figure out why it keeps coming back in areas where water doesn't pool. I get why it's doing it here. Poor design! I might take it through the laser wash again this week and see if the spots come back right away. If they do then that's the culprit. If it takes a couple months again then it's just poor quality clear coat imo.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Would love to see some pics of this brown everybody is discussing.
I did my best to get pictures in the dark, because you can see the browning in the paint the best. It does look like bad wax build-up, as some of it looks removed after I did a clay job, compound, and wax. I might have to really go to town next time and really focus on stripping that build-up off, because it seems like I made a dent in that build-up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171026_191117[2].jpg
Views:	37
Size:	883.8 KB
ID:	581257   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171026_191139[1].jpg
Views:	37
Size:	841.0 KB
ID:	581265  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page