Emergency Key missing - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Emergency Key missing

Just noticed that the emergency key blade is missing from inside my key fob. I can source a blank, but can a locksmith make the cut? It's a odd looking key.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61dH6jWtWuL._SX757_[1].jpg
Views:	46
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	584313  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018
Rookie

I suspect the Ford dealer can cut the key. Worth a check.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018
Apprentice

Did you buy the car used? Maybe it's hidden somewhere outside the car in a magnetic key holder.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018
Apprentice

Garage
I had a mobile locksmith (Service Pro Locksmith, Turlock CA) come to my house and cut an extra blade for an additional smart key. Let them know it is a blade, because it requires a special machine. If you have the code for the blade they can cut a new blank without needing another key. I wrote the blade code in my owners manual when I bought the car. The locksmith was less expensive than the dealer.

2010 Kona Blue GT Premium traded in June 2016 for a 2016 Oxford White GT Premium with Ceramic interior. Automatic transmission, Sync3, p265/35r20 tires, Shaker audio system. Other vehicles 1964 Pontiac Catalina 389, 1972 Pontiac Lemans 400, 1967 Ford F-100 352, 2016 Ford F-350 Dually, 2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018
Rookie

I also got key by a [link edited] who serves here in Tracy, very fast service had been given to me. The overall cost of the service including the key cost was $170.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:56 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018
Rookie

[edited link] is really very essential when you lost your car keys. That's why for emergency crisis we often hire locksmith for help.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:57 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018
Rookie

Definitely locksmith can make a cut and also program it if it's key fob as i got one cut down by [edited link] recently.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:58 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018
GT Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichDe381 View Post
Just noticed that the emergency key blade is missing from inside my key fob. I can source a blank, but can a locksmith make the cut? It's a odd looking key.

As others have recommended, locksmith first, dealer second.

For those of you who have a working blade and need a second one as a backup, I recommend one of the internet services. I needed a second key blade cut, and used[edited link]. I emailed them a picture of my existing blade and they provided a new blade and cut it for $38.98 total. Much cheaper than a locksmith or dealer.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:58 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018
Rookie

[edited link] Locksmith Near got me for $50 and it's reasonable according to me.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by huberoy123 View Post
As others have recommended, locksmith first, dealer second.

For those of you who have a working blade and need a second one as a backup, I recommend one of the internet services. I needed a second key blade cut, and used[edited link]. I emailed them a picture of my existing blade and they provided a new blade and cut it for $38.98 total. Much cheaper than a locksmith or dealer.
Thank but internet services will only be helpful if you have proper tools to do it. So taking [edited link] help is beneficial according to me.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:54 AM.
GT Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonroy View Post
Thank but internet services will only be helpful if you have proper tools to do it. So taking [edited link] help is beneficial according to me.

Not clear what you mean by "proper tools." Are you referring to a computer or internet services?
Thanks.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:54 AM.
Rookie

I think he mean to say that without the use of locksmith tools one can't be able to repair those locks and keys, so taking [edited link] is essential.

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 02-24-2019 at 08:52 AM.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

enough of the advertisement links.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page