Ford Mustang Forum banner

any way to full turn off traction control ?

15K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  iseeu1001 
#1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if there is a way to truly shut off the traction control ? thanks

#3 ·
Dave, tell me more -- does that completely kill the Advance Track and traction control and prevent it from turning itself back on? Is it wired into the ABS fuse?

ecoblack -- on earlier years, you held the TC button for about 15 seconds (which feels like forever) with the brakes on, and it completely turns off advance track and traction control. I assume the 2015+ cars have a similar feature.

In the past, the system had a problem with freaking out and turning itself back on in some situations, such as pushing the car really hard on a road track. I hope they have fixed this in the current models, but I did see something somewhere that a GT350 was doing it.

#5 ·
Dave, tell me more -- does that completely kill the Advance Track and traction control and prevent it from turning itself back on? Is it wired into the ABS fuse?
I have had a 15 and now a 17, both are premiums. There have toggles along the bottom of the center stack. The far right one is the driving modes; Sport+, Track, Normal and Snow/Wet. Besides changing throttle response they change how the traction control and stability control work. Track mode turns off traction control and puts stability control in it's least intrusive setting without completely turning it off.

Next toggle to the left is steering; normal, comfort and sport.

Next toggle is traction control. Flick the toggle and it turns traction control off. Flick and hold it turns the stability control off. Not sure if it is completely off but the center displays says off.

Dave

#8 ·
#6 ·
thanks Dave . . . I was hoping you had the answer to my prayers, a fix for the Advance Track that turns itself back on . . . oh well, your answer should make it so the OP does not have to read the instructions, LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.